Friday. Remember how I said something big was coming?
December 1, 2017: The man who led the “Lock Her Up” chants in the Trump Campaign Rallies pleads guilty to lying to the FBI as part of a plea deal to keep his son from facing espionage charges.
Mike Flynn was arrested and charged with one count of lying to the FBI. This is in lieu of other charges, and dependent on his cooperation with the Special Counselor.
Flynn admitted to lying to the FBI during an interview in January about two meetings he had with Russian Ambassador Sergei Kislyak in December 2016. Those meetings were being monitored by the IC. It didn’t take long for them to catch him in a lie.
Flynn testified today that he spoke to Kislyak under orders from a senior member of the Presidential Transition Team.
Flynn is fully cooperating in exchange for a reduced sentence for him and his son. If he holds out in any way, then Mueller will ruin him and his son.
I mentioned in Flipping Flynn how many people are at risk, and how bad Mueller can destroy Flynn. But understand one thing…
Flipping is like fishing, and the cooperating witness is the bait. You don’t flip a big fish to get little fish. You use them to get a bigger fish.
Who’s the bigger fish than Mike Flynn?
Donnie Jr., maybe the rest of the family
Vice President Mike Pence
President Donald Trump
If I were one of them, I’d be shitting a brick right now.
They were blindsided by this. No one is leaking. The White House found out about Flynn’s guilty plea by watching the news.
I wonder how they’ll find out about the next series of indictments.
By the way, Flynn was FEATHERS13.
FEATHERS14 and 15 are airborne. Happy Hunting.
The Trump transition team was led by Vice President-elect Mike Pence. It originally had six vice-chairs, which was expanded on November 29, 2016 to thirteen vice-chairs: Ben Carson, Chris Christie (previously head of the transition from May 2016 through election day), Michael Flynn (incoming National Security Advisor), Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, Jeff Sessions (incoming Attorney General), with the addition of K. T. McFarland (incoming Deputy National Security Advisor), Gov. Mary Fallin, Sen. Tim Scott, Rep. Marsha Blackburn (previously on the executive committee), Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, Rep. Tom Reed, and outgoing Rep. Cynthia Lummis.
That’s the list of official leadership of the Transition Team, with the following people making up the Executive Committee
- Steve Bannon, Trump campaign CEO; named Counselor to the President on November 13
- Rep. Lou Barletta
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn (moved to vice-chair)
- Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi
- Rep. Chris Collins
- Rep. Tom Marino
- Rebekah Mercer – director of the Mercer Family Foundation and daughter of major Trump (and Cruz) donor Robert Mercer.
- Steven Mnuchin — former partner at Goldman Sachs, incoming Secretary of the Treasury
- Rep. Devin Nunes
- Reince Priebus — Republican National Committee chairman; named incoming White House Chief of Staff on November 13
- Anthony Scaramucci — Hedge-fund manager and founder of investment firm SkyBridge Capital, formerly at Goldman Sachs
- Peter Thiel – Co-founder of PayPal, now a venture capitalist involved in several groups including Clarium Capital and Founders Fund.
- Donald Trump Jr.
- Eric Trump
- Ivanka Trump
- Jared Kushner, businessman; husband of Ivanka Trump
Additional executive committee members added on November 29, 2016:
- Rep. Sean Duffy
- Rep. Trey Gowdy
- Rep. Dennis Ross
- Pastor Darrell C. Scott
- Kiron Skinner
Most of the people here are likely sleeping fitfully tonight.
Shit, another thing, the lawyers that filed this are Zainab Ahmad and Brandon Van Grack. She is THE EXPERT on flipping defendants against their co-conspirators, and he’s THE EXPERT on espionage cases.
Flynn’s plea doesn’t explicitly prevent him from being prosecuted for other crimes, either. They have him on a microscopic leash.
Other stuff happened today, like the GOP trying to ram through their tax plan that only benefits rich people and will cause a recession at best. There’s only one way to cover everything else…
- John Conyers hospitalized for stress related illness after being asked to resign by Nancy Pelosi.
- Fat Fuck Farenthold settled a sexual harassment claim against him for $84,000.
- Trey Gowdy settled a wrongful dismissal lawsuit for $150,000 for firing a staffer for not investigating Hilary Clinton.
- Several exits are rumored for early next year.
- Medvedev says relations with U.S. at all-time low.
- Erik Prince testified before House Intelligence Committee Thursday about his Russian back channel meeting in the Seychelles.
- Some Oligarchs are afraid of working with Putin out of fear that they’ll be included in further sanctions.
- Louise Mensch reports about Erik Prince and his Chinese ties. Expect to hear about China more in the coming months.
That’s it for today. I think. I’ll write something this weekend that is a bit more focused. I think it’s time to explain how the Chain of Succession works. Maybe even something on the Justice League.
Take a deep breath this weekend. I don’t know where things go next, but we are living history, and we all need to take a step back, see what is important, and what’s worth fighting for.
Then, get back in the fight. It’s time to save Democracy.
Thank you, and have a good one.
“Without Journalists, it’s just propaganda.”
– Katy Tur
4 thoughts on “Daily Check-In 12/01/2017”