I haven’t posted anything for a few days, and it might be a while before I’m back on track with a regular schedule.
This past Saturday, my wife was injured when she fell off of a horse. She’s alive, but has a few broken bones. She’s going to be on the shelf for a while. Even after she has all of the surgeries she needs, she won’t be doing jumping jacks anytime soon.
I have some posts and info from the last few days, but my standard Check-In posts won’t be coming out like they have been. I might have to scrap a couple that I was working on and focus on condensing what I can report on until things get back to semi-normal.
I’m not retiring this site, not by a long shot. I just can’t spend hours working on it every night. Going forward, I have to limit the amount of time spent on a post to an hour or two at most. It might seem contradictory, but the Check-In posts could easily take several hours on and off to complete.
When a major story breaks, I’ll cover it. If I can do a quick synopsis of the craziness of the day, I’ll do that too. But I can’t use the existing format until I have more time available.
Thanks for riding along on this journey.
Tuesday, May 28, 2019 to Thursday May 30th. Published on Sunday, June 2nd.
THE RUSSIAN INVESTIGATION
- Mueller: ‘If We Had Confidence That the President Did Not Commit a Crime, We Would Have Said So’
- AOC: Mueller is playing a game of Taboo with Congress. His word is “impeach.”
- MSW Podcast: Trump didn’t not obstruct justice. #MuellerStatement
- Mueller says accusing Trump of a crime ‘not an option’ under Justice Dept. guidelines
- Robert Mueller Statement on Trump Russia Probe May 29, 2019 11
- Mueller to make 1st public statement on Russia probe
- Mueller to make statement about special counsel’s report
- Mueller to make 1st public statement on Russia Probe
- Mueller Statement
- Special counsel Robert Mueller to make statement on Russia investigation
- Mueller Announces Resignation From Justice Department, Saying Investigation Is Complete
- Special Counsel Robert Mueller Steps Down After Leading Russia Inquiry
- Mueller All But Begs America To Read His Actual Report
- Mueller just told the world Trump is a criminal. Now Congress must impeach him
- Mueller Reminds the Nation That Trump Betrayed the USA
- Mueller says he couldn’t charge Trump, tosses the question to Congress
- Mueller: ‘If We Had Confidence That the President Did Not Commit a Crime, We Would Have Said So’
- Mueller: If we had confidence the President did not commit a crime, we would have said so
- Mueller’s Seething Message: This Isn’t a Hoax, This Is a Crime
- Mueller’s statement highlights key differences with Barr on investigation of President Trump
- On question of obstruction, Mueller hewed to untested Justice Department opinions and ‘principles of fairness’
- Robert Mueller Announces Resignation, Closure Of Special Counsel’s Office
- Robert Mueller Needs to Testify in Front of the American People. Period.
- Robert Mueller Was Telling Nancy Pelosi to Begin Impeachment Proceedings
- Asha Rangappa: I betcha a million dollars that if Congress began impeachment hearings Mueller would testify. That’s because, on principle (which is how he operates), he would then be a witness providing info relevant to an official, quasi-judicial proceeding, not a political prop.
- Kaz Weida: Bob Mueller’s statement this morning… -I’m resigning because integrity -The President probably committed crimes -Dems are gonna have to handle that with an impeachment inquiry -READ THE DAMN REPORT -The fairness of our elections & future of our country is at stake. DO SOMETHING
- Joe Walsh: Enough with the bullshit. It’s clear now that Bill Barr & Donald Trump have been misleading the public for months. Hey Congress, Bob Mueller just said that Constitutionally YOU are the ONLY prosecutor here. Do you have the courage to do your Constitutional duty?
- Rick Wilson: “If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
- Angry White House Staffer: So if reading his report wasn’t clear enough, Mueller really, really wants Congress to do their jobs. For those asking why *this* matters if the report didn’t: It’s a lot harder for GOP Congresscritters to ignore sound bites on TV than it is a 400 page report.
- Kamala Harris: What Robert Mueller basically did was return an impeachment referral. Now it is up to Congress to hold this president accountable. We need to start impeachment proceedings. It’s our constitutional obligation.
- Joe Walsh: What did Robert Mueller say this morning? He said that if Donald Trump were anybody else but the President of the United States, he’d be indicted.
As of Wednesday May 29th, Robert S. Mueller, III has resigned as Special Counselor and has closed the Special Counselor’s Office. His statement was short and sweet, and came down to a few points.
- He didn’t charge Trump with Obstruction because of the DOJ policy that says he can’t.
- He said that the policy is unconstitutional.
- He couldn’t even file a sealed indictment.
- AG Barr misrepresented his report.
- If he could clear Trump he would, but he can’t.
- He doesn’t want to testify before Congress for some theater spectacle.
- He urges every American to read the report.
- He wants everyone to REALLY, REALLY read it.
- Did I tell you he wants you to read it?
Tweeting a Confession
COHEN, NEW YORK, AND THE OTHER LAWSUITS
TRUMP THE RUSSIAN ASSET A.K.A. INDIVIDUAL-1
Admitted to Russian Help
The Ultimate Snowflake
EMERGENCIES, SHUTDOWN & IMMIGRATION
SCOTUS & COURTS
#METOO & WOMEN’S RIGHTS
COLD WAR 2.0
FIXING THE INTERNET
THE PROPAGANDA MACHINE
WHITE HOUSE CHAOS
TRADE WAR, HEALTH CARE, AND ECONOMY
GOP: THE PARTY OF LINCOLN IS DEAD
CRIME AND PUNISHMENT
ENVIRONMENT & SCIENCE
PROGRESS IS PROGRESS
IN OTHER NEWS…
- PostimusMaximus: If someone committed a crime, and you can’t charge them, and you also won’t impeach them, what exactly do you plan to do to hold them accountable? Finding more crimes isn’t going to do anything because then you are just back where you started, can’t be charged, won’t impeach.
- Andrew Laufer: Madame Speaker, after Robert Swan Mueller, III’s comments to America, I believe it’s time to start Impeachment proceedings against the President of the United States. @SpeakerPelosi #MuellerPressConference
- Lincoln’s Bible: So, Mueller just destroyed Barr’s 4 page summary AND press conference AND testimony. Barr started multiple times that Mueller cleared President of obstruction & was not declining to charge due to OLC policy. Barr’s a professional liar and propagandist. Haul him back under oath.
- Tea Pain: Let. This. Sink. In. If Trump was not president, he’d already be indicted in 2 different venues for multiple felonies. Trump must be removed by Constitutional impeachment.
- Countercheckist: “Dear Lord, Lest I continue My complacent way, Help me to remember that somewhere, Somehow out there A man died for me today. As long as there be war, I then must Ask and answer Am I worth dying for?” — Eleanor Roosevelt‘s wartime prayer
- Rick Wilson: Shorter Mueller: “Over to you, Nancy.”
- Tea Pain: Mueller laid it out as clear as Washington-speak allows: “I gave you a road map to impeach the President, but I ain’t gonna do it for you.”
- MSW Podcast: Guys. Any public statement is better than no public statement. Mueller was never going to scorch the earth with a dramatic speech, and anyone who is just now disappointed by that eventuality was never paying attention. Statements by people who tell the truth are a good thing.
- Ale: MUELLER IS RESIGNING! You know why this is excellent news? BC his TESTIMONY to Congress now is going to be as a PRIVATE citizen, meaning BLOOOOP!
- Ming: Do you know why @LindseyGrahamSC was so personally worried about NSA incidental collection? Graham involved in Gen Flynn nuke proliferation plans. Recall Lindsey know more about MOX (nuclear fuel re-processing) than DOE…
- Tea Pain: “If we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.” – Robert Mueller DOJ-speak for “He’s guilty as sin.”
- Reddit: PoppinKREAM: Mueller stated that “[i]f we had confidence that the president did not commit a crime, we would have said so.” Mueller explained that the DoJ couldn’t charge the President and that the Constitution requires a “process other than the criminal justice system” to take disciplinary action.
- Lincoln’s Bible: Ok. I’ve had enough. Here are 2 known facts about Haberman, that NYTimes & CNN omit. 1. She grew up in privilege thnx 2 both Kushner & Trump families, as they are generational clients of the PR firm where her mother is a VP. Millions in fees. 2. Roger Stone is a lifelong friend.
That’s it for the past few days. Yes, I’m a couple days behind on posting. I know, shit happened and I was busier than expected.
So, now that Robert Mueller has resigned, where do we go from here? I’m not sure. I want to war-game this out, but I feel like it’s a battle between corrupt evil willing to do anything to win and incompetent leadership too afraid of their own shadows. That said, here’s the long game, in my opinion…
The Democrats in the House will begin Impeachment proceedings and hearings by the end of the Summer. They’ve already started the hearings in multiple committees, but are being stonewalled at every turn by people refusing to comply with subpoenas. This will last until a couple big names are thrown in jail for contempt. While this is happening, one of the 300 places that were subpoenaed for Trump’s financial records sends them in. Trump’s financial records not only get entered into the Congressional record, but his 1040’s for the last several years will get leaked to the press. They will show that Trump is a bankrupt fraud. Money laundering and tax evasion will be added to the conversation.
The timing of this will be important. The only moves that Team Trump have left are to delay impeachment and a Senate trial as long as possible. If they can delay it into the 2020 calendar year, they have a chance of not facing a trial.
Personally, I think at some point in the next year and a half, Trump will have a medical emergency that will force him to drop out of the 2020 race and possibly leave office. This will give everyone the out they need. Trump will get out of office, the GOP can get another candidate in place, and Pence can come out of the closet.
I’d like to get back to the schedule I’ve been using the last few weeks. The next post will cover Friday and the Weekend, and should be published tomorrow.
On a personal note, I had a decent therapy session on Saturday, then saw exactly how hard it is to get a quick meal without flour in it. I don’t see the doctor until Wednesday, but I need to talk to them about whether or not I have a gluten allergy, sensitivity, or something in between.
Quick explanation on how gluten problems work. According to my 23andMe report, a couple genes are flipped around in a position where the immune system identifies gluten as an invader and attacks it in the upper GI tract, shortly after where the stomach meets the small intestine. This attack also kills a bunch of the gut bacteria that are used pull nutrients from the food. This attack causes the body to work harder to pull nutrients from food, and creates a buildup of methane. This is where farts come from. By cutting out gluten, the immune system isn’t attacking the gut bacteria, which drastically cuts down on the amount of gas, bloating, pain, and everything else I’ve been seeing on a daily basis for a long fucking time.
I also got WAYYYY too excited about seeing Gluten-Free Bisquik. I like to bake. I’m damn good at it. One of my signature recipes is a Pumpkin Pie without a crust. I add some Bisquik to it for stability and it improves the texture. It’s AWESOME. But now, if I eat it, it could fuck me up for several days. Now, I can try making my pie. I will have to go through ALL of my recipes, but at least there’s hope. And a chance for some really disgusting creations.
Thank you, and have a good one.
“Without Journalists, it’s just propaganda.”
– Katy Tur