Tuesday, November 6, 2018. Election Day.
THE RUSSIAN INVESTIGATION
- “I’m Very Worried About Don Jr.”: Forget the Midterms—West Wing Insiders Brace for the Mueller Storm
- The Unindicted: Trumpist Collaborators TBA (To Be Arrested)
- British Watchdog Finds Cambridge Analytica and Brexit Financier Misused Private Data – The New York Times
- Now, It’s the Midterms. But Mueller Time Is Coming.
- Two more associates of Roger Stone testify before Mueller grand jury
- Moscow Project: Dmitry Rybolovlev, the Russian fertilizer magnate whose $95 million purchase of Trump’s Florida mansion raised red flags for money-laundering, has been arrested in Monaco on corruption charges.
- Le président de l’AS Monaco perquisitionné et placé en garde à vue
- Russian oligarch who bought mansion from Trump detained and questioned on corruption charges: report | TheHill
- Tycoon, Skorpios Owner Rybolovlev Arrested in Monaco | GreekReporter.com
- Sara Danner Dukic: This is the guy who bought the mansion from Trump at double price (*cough*money laundering *cough*)
- 911corlebra777: A reminder; this is the douchebag that in 2016 flew to Las Vegas, parked his jet in Sheldon Adelson’s private hanger, and had a 2hr meeting with Adelson in said hanger, about God knows what. Trump was having an election rally in Vegas around that time
- Spicy Mic on Rybolovlev
Dmitry Rybolovlev got busted by Monaco. This is huge. Remember the $95 million mansion sale that Donald Trump made at the height of the housing crash? The sale that was for more than twice the price he paid for it a couple years earlier with no improvements to the property? (Daily Check-In 01/12/2018). Well, Trump made that sale, and a bunch more in condos to Dmitry. He’s also been involved in some questionable art sales with MBS as well.
In other words, a lot of Money Laundering.
And this has been on the Special Counselor’s radar for a while.
RIGHT WING TERRORISM & WHITE NATIONALISM
- An Armed Extremist Group in Georgia Is Threatening Violence If Stacey Abrams Wins
- Even the FBI Thinks Police Have Links to White Supremacists — But Don’t Tell the New York Times
- Mail bomb suspect’s mom warns America’s political vitriol resonates with mentally ill
- Trump’s Only Answer To Right-Wing Violence Is To Scream About Immigrants
- NC judge’s son accused of burning cross, threatening Cary synagogue
- Republicans attack Jewish candidates across the U.S. with an age-old caricature: Fistfuls of cash
- Mayor Says Call From Trump After Synagogue Shooting Turned to Talk of Death Penalty
- Lincoln’s Bible: Took 2 years of screaming into the wind before this headline happened. Very pleased it finally has. If you haven’t been tuned into this, consider this reporting is the tip of the iceberg of what’s brewing beneath the surface. And that it’s connected directly to POTUS.
- Right-Wing Hate Groups Are Recruiting Video Gamers : NPR
KHASHOGGI & SAUDI ARABIA
COHEN, NEW YORK, AND THE OTHER LAWSUITS
- Ivanka Trump Set To Gain 16 New Trademarks In China, Including For Voting Machines
- China Granted 18 Trademarks To POTUS And Ivanka Trump Over Last Two Months
TRUMP THE RUSSIAN ASSET
- Donald Trump Is Fabricating A Border Crisis Before A Major Election
- Trump’s “Incredible” Foxconn Deal Turns Out to Be a Another Massive Con Job
- Without evidence, Trump and Sessions warn of voter fraud
- Trump incites a “lock her up” chant against women who make sexual harassment accusations.
- Putin and Trump to meet briefly in Paris: Kremlin
- Trump, health care are key issues in race for House
- Joe Biden ‘Guarantees’ Donald Trump Will ‘Challenge the Legitimacy’ Of The Midterm Elections If GOP Loses
- James Comey: Let’s Vote to Uphold Our Nation’s Values
- It’s not the economy, stupid: Midterm election voters want next Congress to check President Trump
- Trump has the worst approval rating of any president in modern US history heading into their first midterm election
- Evan McMullin: Americans must be prepared for Trump to escalate his authoritarianism post-midterms
- Joint Statement on Election Day Preparations — FBI
- Border Patrol To Conduct ‘Crowd Control’ Exercise on Election Day: The exercise will be conducted in El Paso, the home of U.S. Senate candidate Beto O’Rourke.
- Border Patrol cancels election morning “crowd control” demonstration in El Paso
- Joint Chiefs chair says soldiers will not be involved in denying border entry to migrants
- Motel 6 to pay $7.6 million for giving guest lists to U.S. immigration
- Migrants camp at Mexico City stadium as US votes
- Why Birthright Citizenship Is Good For America – The Federalist.
I know it’s a cold day in Hell when I link to that site, but this article is not crazy, not conspiratorial, and is pretty well reasoned.
COLD WAR 2.0
- Could Brexit bring new troubles to Northern Ireland?
- Bill Browder: The World Economic Forum in Davos disinvites three Russian oligarchs who are on the US sanctions list: Oleg Deripaska, Victor Vekselberg and Andrei Kostin.
- Russian business trio told to stay away from Davos | Financial Times
- Bill Browder: This is huge. The University of Texas endowment (the largest public endowment in US) will divest from any company that does business with entities sanctioned by the US. If other endowments follow, this will crater the value of many Russian companies. Puts teeth in US sanctions
- Six far-right suspects held over violence plot against Emmanuel Macron | World news | The Guardian
- Shannon Watts: Hey @CNN – If you’re going to talk about gun safety during election coverage, please let your audience know that SE Cupp, who is part of your live panel, did an ad for the @NRA called “I’m an NRA mom.”
FIXING THE INTERNET
- Fake News Trolls Are Complaining Privately That Twitter Is Blocking Them More Effectively, Report Says
- Facebook boots 115 accounts after FBI tip on eve of U.S. election
- FCC tells carriers they must adopt a system to detect scam robocalls by next year
THE PROPAGANDA MACHINE
- Jake Tapper: Trump ad ‘so full of falsehoods’ even Fox News turned it down
- Trump calls Fox’s Hannity onstage at campaign rally
- What took U.S. media orgs so long to realize Trump ad was racist? Or ‘insensitive’?
- Fox News Hosts Are Campaigning For President Trump
- Fox News hosts are now stumping for Trump at rallies — and attacking their co-workers as “fake news”
- Blame Fox, not Facebook, for fake news
- Trump’s amusing new warning: Dems might ‘obliterate Obamacare’
- CNN’s Camerota questions ‘news organization’ status of Fox News after Hannity appears at Trump rally
- Forget the Russians. On this Election Day, it’s Americans peddling disinformation and hate speech.
- Fox News: ‘We Do Not Condone’ Hosts Hannity, Pirro Participating in Trump Campaign Events
- Christina Wilkie: With less than 12 hours until polls open, Rush Limbaugh is standing behind the presidential seal and telling a crowd, “Hillary Clinton colluded with Russia. Hillary Clinton rigged that election.”
- Fox News staffers express outrage over Sean Hannity’s rally appearance – CNN
- Julia Davis: Unprecedented interest and wall-to-wall news coverage of the U.S. #midterms on #Russia’s state TV. Russian pundits and experts worry that Trump is “hanging by a hair” and the democratic majority would want to cut the thread and initiate the impeachment.
TRADE WAR AND ECONOMY
- China Wants to Stop Buying American Soybeans Entirely
- U.S. soybean sales to China down 94% thanks to Trump trade war
GOP: THE PARTY OF LINCOLN IS DEAD
- Republican lawmaker admits writing ‘death to gays’ manifesto
- How Newt Gingrich Destroyed American Politics
CRIME AND PUNISHMENT
ENVIRONMENT & SCIENCE
- Trump says he thinks the Earth will cool back down, denying his own administration’s climate change report
- The past week has been the deadliest for tornadoes since April 2017
- Sorry, this strange space rock was not sent by aliens to save us
- Alabama Voters Could Ban Sheriffs From Pocketing Tax Money Meant to Feed Inmates
- America loves to export democracy. So why does it make it so hard for its own citizens to vote?
- Andrew Gillum gets celebrity push in final stretch of Florida governor’s race
- Eva Longoria endorses Democrat in toss-up Texas House race
- Federal Judge Allows North Dakota Republicans to Block Native Americans From Voting
- Her Congressman Wouldn’t Hold a Town Hall. So She Came for His Job.
- Jim Carrey Slams Ted Cruz For ‘Sucking Up’ To Trump, ‘Who Called Your Wife Ugly And Accused Your Dad Of Murder’
- Republicans will nuke our health care system if they aren’t crushed at the polls
- Texas Senate: Beto O’Rourke could lead a blue wave in Texas — even if he loses to Ted Cruz
- The Only Responsible Choice Is a Democratic Congress
- Triumph Mocks Ted Cruz to His Face: Trump ‘Neutered’ You
- Vote against all Republicans. Every single one.
- Why Vote? Bernie Sanders Offers Simple Last-Minute Reminder: The GOP Agenda Is Horrific
- In unpredictable midterms, Democrats hope for House win, Republicans look to hold Senate
- Vote out Donald Trump’s lap dogs in the Senate and the House
- Voters turned away due to missing voting machines at precinct in Detroit
- Taylor Swift says people shouldn’t underestimate young voters, urges fans to vote
- “Dónde votar” (“where to vote” in Spanish) is the top trending Google search today
- Voter Intimidation: What It Looks Like and What to Do About It
- Longtime McCain aide: ‘Vote For the Democrat (in most cases)’
- Majority says Election Day should be a federal holiday, poll finds
- Our Final Forecast In The Senate, House And Gubernatorial Races
- ‘It will mean so much’ if Beto O’Rourke wins: 77-year-old Texas voter
- In Closing Hours, Sara Innamorato Faces Opposition – And Reports A Threat
- Thousands of Students Are Expected to Walk Out of Classes Today to Go to The Polls
- 36 Million in U.S. Cast Early Votes, Shattering Records for Young People & People of Color
- Texas election official resigns after video shows her screaming at black voter
- Chuck Grassley Supports Steve King as Other Republicans Flee
- The Number of Veterans in Congress is Near an All-Time Low. The Midterms Might Change That
- Election 2018: California to decide on 11 propositions on crowded ballot
- 29-year-old Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is poised to become the youngest woman in Congress
- Beto O’Rourke’s Politics of Optimism Are the Future of America
- Native American groups issue more than 2,000 free IDs to their members to fight North Dakota’s voter suppression laws
- Don’t believe the polls — just vote
- Florida voters say they were blocked from polling site inside gated community
- Georgia GOP candidate Brian Kemp was foiled by his own state’s voter ID law when he tried to vote
- GOP’s Darrell Issa concedes his district on Fox News before polls open: ‘We know the results already — there will be a Democrat’
- How Donald Trump Saved the Democratic Party From Itself
- More than half of U.S. voters might abstain today. In these countries, that’s a punishable offense.
- Early returns in 6 key races that will foretell Democrats’ 2018 election fate
- Broken machines and long lines: Problems emerge as Americans go to polls
- Kim Davis, clerk who refused to sign marriage licenses for gay couples, loses to Democrat
PROGRESS IS PROGRESS
- Countercheckist: Today is the day, patriots. No time to spare, we have a country to save. You know what to do… 🙂
- Eric Garland: Come What May
Today we restore the Republic. And come what may, we will never surrender it.
The Republic is not restored because of this election, nor by Muller, nor a wave of any color. It is restored because of this wave of passion and determination to claim this democracy from the clutches of the powerful, cynical, and malevolent.
We reclaim this Republic because the truth is self-evident: America belongs to its people, endowed with unalienable rights to seek happiness and prosperity free from the rule of tyrants. Self-evident in. 1776. Self-evident in 2018. Self-evident forever.
American patriots will not be ruled by would-be aristocrats, nor criminal gangs, nor foreign despots. This Republic belongs to its free citizens who shall rule themselves, with justice for all.
We will never, ever surrender this Republic. Today, we only begin to reclaim it. </>
- 911corlebra777: For those that have been watching closely, all the Allied countries have been preparing the battlespace. Indictments naming specific Russians, joint FVEY statements detailing Ru cyber efforts, coordination of Aliied LE & Intel agencies re ; Organized Crime. The hammer is coming
- Denzican Grimes: In Indian culture, today is Diwali day, the celebration of the victory of good over evil. Pretty symbolic coincidence, if you ask me. #ElectionDay
- John Schindler: Team Mueller’s been quiet for weeks. Because midterms. No matter what happens tonight as the polls close and the numbers roll in, OSC will be back in business in the morning. Sealed indictments are such fun when they’re unsealed.
- Sara Danner Dukic: We did it even with active measures, our stolen metadata, a compromised 4th estate, a disinfo machine, blatant voter suppression, and sheer exhaustion all working against us. Now imagine what we can do when we level the playing field.
That’s it for today. This post will be a little different. Aside from a few comments above, the Coda will be more of a live blog tonight until I post. Yes, I just found out that this last paragraph is called a Coda. Don’t I sound all SMRT.
7:38- Polls have closed in a couple states, but not in Pennsylvania. I’m trying to get my notes organized from the day. I am a giant ball of anxiety right now. I’m making typos, I was stress eating a little, and I’m jittery. Normally, I’m not this jittery until after my 7th cup of coffee. I might have a problem.
Why am I so stressed out? HELLO, been paying attention for the last couple years? I’m freaking out. 2016 taught me not to relax until the votes are counted, and even then, don’t relax.
7:53- Polls have closed in Georgia, Kentucky, Virginia, Indiana, South Carolina. NBC is calling the first flip to the Democrats of the night from incumbent Barbara Comstock. Let’s see how things go.
8:08- I’m finishing up organizing the notes for the day. Polls have closed in Pennsylvania and several other states. I’m waiting until after the first segment of SmackDown is over before flipping over to MSNBC for a while. I need to relax a little bit.
8:43- I finished organizing the page. There’s an interesting breakthrough with Dmitry Ryobovlev getting busted. I talked about it in The Russian Investigation.
8:46- Steve Kornacki on MSNBC knows his shit, but he’s very loud. Like walking on squeaky floors with a newborn loud.
8:56- That’s it, I’m leaving 538 alone. Nate Silver’s model is drunk.
9:20- I’m done with updating the article and the news. I need to remind myself that it’s still VERY early, and anything short of blowouts won’t be called for a while. Reading the Reddit Megathread is like giving my eyes cancer. The number of trolls and bots in there is nuts. When your environment makes Twitter look like a well-maintained and cultured community, you need to fix some shit.
9:37- As nice as it would have been to take the Senate, that was a long shot. Reason for that was some ugly math. Every 2 years, one third of the Senate is up for reelection. The third that was up this year was mostly Democrats, and many of them were in red states. They would have needed to keep all of their old seats, plus win almost every Republican seat. They’ll lose ground, but as long as they still have at least 40 seats for cloture votes, there’s at least that.
10:19- More polls have closed. NBC has called the Texas Senate race for Ted Cruz. But they’re calling the House for the Democrats. I’m still looking for more confirmation, but it could actually be happening. I’m not getting excited until California. I want to see Rohrabacher and Nunes humiliated.
10:55- There will be victories and losses. This is one battle in the fight to restore democracy in this country. A good story while waiting for California to close their polls; Kim Davis, the county clerk who refused to sign marriage licenses for gay couples lost her reelection bid in Kentucky.
11:23- I’m going to wrap things up for the night soon. I need to get up in the morning, but one thing that was just mentioned is that for the first time ever, there are at least 100 women in the House. Oh, Fuck you Kris Kobach!!!!!!!!!!! You lost, Mother Fucker!
That’s it for tonight. Me thinks things will get nuts over the next few weeks, so I’m going to get a few hours of sleep while I can.
Thank you, and have a good one.
“Without Journalists, it’s just propaganda.”
– Katy Tur