Tuesday, April 24th.
THE RUSSIAN INVESTIGATION
According to the latest court filing by the Mueller inquiry, which is defending a warrant attached to a raid on Manafort’s home in July 2017, part of what the FBI were hunting for were “communications, records, documents, and other files involving any of the attendees of the June 9, 2016 meeting at Trump Tower, as well as Aras and [Emin] Agalarov.”
They listed among the items seized documents pertaining to bank accounts opened in his wife’s name.
Not their names, or his name, but his wife’s name.
Congratulations, Kathleen Manafort! You are now a subject in the Mueller Investigation, and will be used to get your husband to flip on Donald Trump. If your husband refuses to play ball, you will be charged as an Accessory to Money Laundering, Accessory to Bank Fraud, and as an Accessory to commit Wire Fraud. You will get to spend the rest of your life in prison.
If anyone’s wondering if Mueller or his team would ever go after a spouse to get a witness to turn states evidence, ask Lea Fastow.
- Mueller Says FBI Properly Searched Manafort’s Storage Unit
- Trump’s Pee-Tape Alibi Is Falling Apart
- Rudy Giuliani wants to end the Russia probe. How is he not a part of it?
- New York Times reporter says Trump is too afraid of former aide Roger Stone to publicly attack him
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey Has Brought On Former U.S. Attorney Pat Fitzgerald As One Of His Lawyers – Talking Points Memo
- Paul Manafort notes Trump Tower Russia meeting Glenn Simpson testimony
- We know an awful lot about Manafort and Russia. Trump can’t make it disappear.
COHEN: HANNITY’S REAL ESTATE EMPIRE JUST GOT SHADIER
- “Handout Hannity”: Fox News host faces new question over $90 million real estate side hustle
- Sean Hannity properties linked to fraudulent real estate dealer
In 2012, a shell company linked to the Fox News host bought 11 homes in Georgia that had been purchased by the dealer, Jeff Brock, following foreclosures. Brock transferred the properties to corporate vehicles that sold them on to the Hannity-linked company at a profit.
Brock pleaded guilty in 2016 to federal charges of bank fraud and conspiracy for his role in an operation to rig foreclosure auctions between 2007 and 2012. He was sentenced to six months in prison and had to pay more than $166,000 in fines and restitution.
Some of the houses sold on to the Hannity-linked firm in 2012 had been acquired by Brock from banks later named by prosecutors among his victims. But the justice department declined to identify specific properties sold in the rigged auctions. Hannity has not been accused of any wrongdoing and there is no evidence he was aware that Brock was involved in fraud.
In February 2012, the Hannity-linked company spent about $540,000 buying 10 single-family houses in Georgia’s Fulton, Cobb, Clayton, and DeKalb counties, according to county records. It bought an additional DeKalb county property later that year for about $60,000.
The company was formed in Georgia days before the February purchases by an attorney for Hannity. It was registered to the offices of Henssler Financial, Hannity’s wealth managers. As a limited liability company (LLC), it was not required to report its actual owner to Georgia regulators. Hannity is not mentioned in the company’s publicly available filings.
Brock had bought the 11 Georgia houses in foreclosure auctions in 2011 and 2012, after the previous owners defaulted on mortgages. He transferred the properties to five LLCs. Brock was the registered agent for two of the five LLCs and a colleague at Key Property was the agent for another. Then the Hannity-linked company bought the houses from these five LLCs, paying a total of $600,000.
Where payment information was clear in the records, it indicated that the sales created significant profits. One four-bedroom home in College Park that Brock bought for $14,000 in January 2012 was sold to the Hannity-linked company for $47,000 the following month. Another in Forest Park, for which Brock paid $19,000 in October 2011, was sold on for $55,000.
- NRA backers blow up Yeti coolers after NRA announces company is cutting ties
- Yeti cuts ties with NRA Foundation, lobbyist says, sparking boycott cries for cooler company
- Thread on Laura Ingram and her “Makegood” advertising problem
- Maryland passes multiple gun laws today
- Toronto police officer hailed as hero for arresting suspect without firing shot
- Toronto van driver pledged allegiance to “involuntary celibacy” group on Facebook
- Toronto mass-murder suspect Alek Minassian linked to incel rebellion and praise for misogynistic killer Elliot Rodger | Georgia Straight Vancouver’s News & Entertainment Weekly
THE PROPAGANDA MACHINE
- False anti-Muslim news from Bolton’s nonprofit amplified by Russian troll factory: Report
- CNN host: Trump won’t tweet about Waffle House shooting because suspect is not a Muslim
- Toronto and Tennessee: Two white suspects, no Trump tweets
CAMBRIDGE ANALYTICA AND FACEBOOK
- Offshore in central London: the curious case of 29 Harley Street | Oliver Bullough | Business | The Guardian
- Twitter Thread: Aleksander Kogan used same address as known money laundering companies
COLD WAR 2.0
WHITE HOUSE CHAOS
- Ronny Jackson hearing postponed indefinitely as VA nomination hangs on by a thread
- Trump says he’d understand if Veterans Affairs nominee decides not to go through confirmation: ‘If I were him … I wouldn’t do it.’
- Senate may delay hearing for Ronny Jackson, Donald Trump’s doctor and pick to run Veteran Affairs
- EPA’s Pruitt expected to propose sweeping change long sought by conservatives
- Pruitt scales back EPA’s use of science
- Kellyanne Conway, Conservative Snowflake
GOP: THE PARTY OF LINCOLN IS DEAD
- Trump Voters Driven by Fear of Losing Status, Not Economic Anxiety, Study Finds
- It’s a disgrace more Republicans aren’t willing to choose country over partisanship
- Public Thinks Tax Bill Was Payoff to GOP Donors
- Rand Paul Caves, Backs Pompeo for Secretary of State
- Trump Increasingly Using Cell Phone To Bypass Kelly’s Authority
- Your tax dollars are building the religious right’s empire
- The US is stingier with child care and maternity leave than the rest of the world
- Colorado Senate Republicans introduce legislation to fire, imprison striking teachers – Boing Boing
- Stormy Daniels’s Lawyer Michael Avenatti Releases Dropbox Folder Of Transcripts, Tweets, To Discredit Sean Hannity
- Stormy Daniels’ Lawyer Michael Avenatti Challenges Sean Hannity To On-Air Face-Off
- Avenatti: Cohen case could cost Trump the Presidency
PUFF, PUFF, PASS
- Dr. Sanjay Gupta to Jeff Sessions: Medical marijuana could save many addicted to opioids
- Boehner Benefits from Weed. Blacks Are in Prison for Using It.
- Three Mexican film students were killed, their bodies dissolved in acid, authorities say
TEXAS; GERRYMANDERING AND RACIST JUDGES
- White Judge Sentenced to Probation for Election Fraud in Same County Where Black Woman Received 5 Years
- She got 5 years for voting illegally. This judge got probation for rigging his election.
- Supreme Court to consider Texas redistricting
- The Supreme Court will hear arguments in 7-year-old Texas gerrymandering case today — here’s what you need to know
ARIZONA; SPECIAL ELECTION
- Arizona Senate can’t change rules for replacing McCain
- Republicans Look To Avoid Upset In Arizona Special Election : NPR
- 140,000 Arizona residents are missing voter ID cards for today’s special election
- 140,000 Maricopa County voters haven’t received registration cards
SAY GOODBYE TO THE ECONOMY
That’s it for today. Something came up tonight, so I won’t be adding any commentary tonight. I’ll be back to my normal routine tomorrow.
Thank you, and have a good one.
“Without Journalists, it’s just propaganda.”
– Katy Tur