Friday, April 20th. 4-20. Happy Weed Day, if you’re into that kind of thing.
COHEN IS FUCKED HARDER THAN STORMY DANIELS IN BONE APPETITE (2003, FROM THE INTERNET ADULT FILM DATABASE (YES, THAT REALLY IS A THING))
- Trump’s legal team bracing for Cohen to cooperate with federal investigation: report | TheHill
- Michael Cohen’s Other Woe: Mounting Unpaid Taxes on New York Cabs
- Trump’s legal team bracing for Cohen to cooperate with federal investigation
- Cohen attorney: Indictment may occur within 90 days
- Michael Cohen Has Said He Would Take a Bullet for Trump. Maybe Not Anymore. – The New York Times
- Stormy Daniels’s former lawyer Keith Davidson said to be cooperating with federal probe of Michael Cohen
The consensus thought is that Michael Cohen will flip on Donald Trump as soon as charges are brought against him. Cohen loves to talk tough, but he’s probably never been in a real fight in his life, and you never know how you’ll react until you get punched in the face. He’s bragged about how he would take a bullet for Trump, but there is a world of difference between taking a bullet and spending 30 years in prison.
Remember on Daily Check-In 04/18/2018 when I said to keep an eye out for Keith Davidson? Looks like we don’t have to wait to find out news about him. He’s already working with the feds against Cohen. My guess is that they found some incriminating evidence against Davidson, and gave him a simple option; work with them against Cohen or look at a VERY long prison sentence and disbarment.
On top of his federal problems, Cohen owes $174,000 in back taxes on his taxi cab companies. Those tax problems are on top of his other legal issues.
There’s only one word that describes how I feel watching Michael Cohen squirm.
DNC SUES TRUMP FOR RUSSIAN COLLUSION
- Democratic Party files lawsuit alleging Russia, the Trump campaign and WikiLeaks conspired to disrupt the 2016 campaign
- Timeline of the DNC Hacking from Pwn All The Things
- Democratic Party sues Russia, Trump campaign for allegedly disrupting 2016 election
- Dems file suit alleging Russia, Trump campaign, WikiLeaks conspired to interfere in 2016 campaign
Coming right out of the Watergate playbook, the Democratic Party has sued the Trump Campaign, the Russians, and all of the players in Federal Civil court in SDNY in Manhattan. You know, the same place that’s going through Trump’s lawyer’s documents with a fine toothed comb.
It would be a shame if Trump had to split his attention among another lawsuit.
STORMYGATE: STORMY SUES TRUMP FOR DEFAMATION
- Stormy Daniels’ Lawyer: We’re Going to Sue Trump for Defamation
- Stormy Daniels’s former lawyer Keith Davidson said to be cooperating with federal probe of Michael Cohen
- The Judge in the Michael Cohen-Stormy Daniels Case Is Perfect
- Stormy Daniels’s Attorney Is Now Cooperating with the Feds
- Tweet from Ale about Michael Avenatti predicting Trump’s Impeachement
Look, another lawsuit! This time because Donald Trump called a woman he was involved in a civil lawsuit with a liar.
Gee, I REALLY hope he can focus his energies and doesn’t have to deal with ANOTHER lawsuit.
THE RUSSIAN INVESTIGATION: McCABE SUES TRUMP FOR DEFAMATION, WRONGFUL TERMINATION. SESSIONS THREATENS TO RESIGN IF ROSENSTEIN IS FIRED, DID TRUMP SLEEP IN MOSCOW?
- McCabe to sue Trump admin for defamation, wrongful termination
- Sessions told White House that Rosenstein’s firing could prompt his departure, too
- Trump Fundraiser Elliot Broidy Offered Russian Gas Company Plan to Get Sanctions Lifted for $26 Million
- Trump told Comey he never slept in Moscow. But he did
- Trump’s ‘pee tape’ denial doesn’t line up with the timeline of his Moscow trip
- Steele dossier: Donald Trump denounced the document as fake, but some of its contents have turned out to be true
- Rudy Giuliani’s pre-election comments on Fox News prompted an FBI leak investigation
- White House Attorney Ty Cobb Says Trump’s Interview Negotiations With Mueller Are Still On
- Exclusive: Trump pressed Sessions to fire 2 FBI officials who sent anti-Trump text messages – Vox
That’s at least two lawsuits filed and another promised in ONE FUCKING DAY.
And Rudy? That fucker hasn’t been in a courtroom since the 80’s. He’s brash, obnoxious, and under investigation for passing on classified information from FBI agents to the press. Which may be the only use he has in this case.
COMEY DON’T PLAY THAT: FALLOUT FROM THE MEMO RELEASE
- Justice Department Watchdog Probes Comey Memos Over Classified Information – WSJ
- Comey memo showed Trump wanted faster response to Putin call
- Comey’s memos; YouTube’s problems; AT&T CEO testifies; “Scandal” concludes; Time 100; “Homeland” news; Lowry’s “Westworld” review
COLD WAR 2.0
- White House talking points on Syria before Haley’s interview cite intended Russia sanctions
- Russia Says It Told U.S. Where In Syria It Was Allowed To Bomb
- North and South Korea set up hotline ahead of summit – BBC News
- North Korea to halt nuclear and missile tests and close testing site, state media says
WHITE HOUSE CHAOS: STOLEN VALOR
- It Turns Out Mike Pompeo Never Served in the Gulf War
- Trump shuts Democrats and media out of first state dinner
- Pruitt has ‘walked away 100 percent’ from EPA job, says Michael Bloomberg
- ‘A factory of bad ideas’: How Scott Pruitt undermined his mission at EPA
Claiming to serve and fight when one didn’t is such a scummy, slimy, cowardly move, and that kind of claim is easy to prove or disprove. It’s not like anyone could look up the division, find out where it was headquartered, contact the base, and ask someone to look up the personnel records from over almost 30 years ago. Or, track down a few soldiers from that unit and ask them “Did you serve with this guy?”
Fuck Pompeo, and fuck Pruitt. I haven’t talked about him enough, but his corrupt ass really needs to spend some time in the barrel.
- Students gather outside White House after walkout to protest gun violence | TheHill
- Twitter thread about the Student Walkout today
- Student activists, protesting gun violence, time latest walkout to Columbine anniversary
- Database: The number of children impacted by school shootings in America
- Has Parkland changed Americans’ views on guns?
19 years ago, two kids rolled in to Columbine High School and shot up the place, in what was at that the time the worst shooting in a school. Since then, over 200,000 school aged kids have been exposed to gun violence in this country, while the Republican Party accepted more and more money from the NRA to block any and all attempts at gun control, no matter how common sense the ideas were, like keeping guns out of the hands of people with violent criminal histories or mentally unstable people.
An entire generation of kids grew up under the specter of violence in school. And we let it happen. Gen-X, Gen-Y, the Boomers, all of us let this happen.
We need to stand with this next generation to solve this problem.
TRUMP ORG AND CORRUPTION, FROM THE WATER IS WET DEPARTMENT
- Forbes reporter finds tape of Trump ‘spokesman’ John Barron
- Trump lied to me about his wealth to get onto the Forbes 400. Here are the tapes.
These stories about Trump calling reporters to leak stories about him have been circulating since the 80’s, but it looks like a reporter found their old collection of tapes where “John Barron” talked about how great Trump is.
If that name looks familiar, Trump later named his last son Barron.
SMALLVILLE AND SEX TRAFFICKING
- Allison Mack of ‘Smallville’ Is Charged With Sex Trafficking – The New York Times
- ‘Smallville’ actress Allison Mack arrested on sex trafficking charges
- How ‘Smallville’ Actress Allison Mack Became a Women-Branding Cult Leader
Ok, this is pretty fucking weird, and I know it doesn’t have anything to do with Russia, politics, or treason.
A couple weeks ago I ran across a story from Artvoice posted on Reddit about a self-help multi-level-marketing system that is actually a pyramid scheme sex cult. I didn’t catch all of the details, but it was just weird enough to might have a piece of truth to it.
Well, turns out that Clark’s blonde friend from Smallville was running a sex cult, complete with branding her slaves with her initials on their vaginas.
This is 2018, that will be the craziest thing to happen for at least 20, maybe 25 minutes.
SMOKE’EM IF YOU GOT’EM
- Happy 4/20? How marijuana legalization is ruining the unofficial stoner holiday.
- 420: How April 20 became ‘Weed Day’
- Democratic leader announces new acceptance of marijuana
- Nasal spray of party drug shows promise as fast-acting antidepressant, researchers say
GOP: THE PARTY OF LINCOLN IS DEAD
- MO Gov. Eric Greitens charged with felony computer tampering
- Appeals court: Indiana abortion law signed by Mike Pence unconstitutional
- McConnell Plans to Keep Dems in DC So That They Can’t Run for Reelection | pluralist
- McConnell aims to reshape courts in case Senate flips – POLITICO
- Roger Stone uninvited from Florida GOP dinner after attacks on Barbara Bush
- These Volunteers Are Battling Idaho’s Government To Expand Medicaid
- GOP megadonor Friess to run for Wyoming governor – POLITICO
- Appeals court declares Pence’s ‘selective’ abortion law unconstitutional
- Power Is Back in Puerto Rico, but the Frustration Remains – The New York Times
THE PROPAGANDA MACHINE
- 4Chan Hoax About Free Starbucks Coffee for Black Customers Reaches Laura Ingraham’s Show
- Mueller team said to be amused as Giuliani pledges to end Russia probe
That last article was from Fox Business, claiming to have insider information about the Mueller Investigation. I’m calling bullshit.
Mueller’s team has been a black box. No one knows what they’re doing until they do it, and any info that does come out only comes from the defense attorneys that get interviewed. On top of top of that, Fox News Channel is under a counter-intelligence investigation.
So, why in the Crystal Pepsi-flavored fuck would anyone from the Mueller team talk to Fox Business and Fox News?
CAMBRIDGE ANALYTICA AND FACEBOOK
RUMOR MILL: 90 DAYS
We’ve entered a new phase, where multiple investigations in several jurisdictions are taking place simultaneously. Mueller’s work in EDVA and DC, Cohen and the DNC lawsuits in SDNY, and now EDNY subpoenaed Jared’s businesses over their rent-control scam.
4 federal attorney offices are actively investigating people close to the President. And they know they’re screwed. Even Cohen’s own lawyer expects him to be indicted within 90 days.
I find 90 days an interesting time, and makes me think that we’re going to see a major change in the strategy.
Why? That’s how long it would take to change New York state law to remove double jeopardy protection for people pardoned in federal court. I mentioned in Daily Check-In 04/18/2018 about the efforts to amend New York 40.20. If that change goes through, then it’s game on, as New York won’t have to worry about what crimes get pardoned. If anything, the pardons would make it easier for them to charge people in state court, since as I mentioned before in GTKYG-Pardon Limitations that accepting a pardon is an admission of guilt and waives their fifth amendment rights against self-incrimination.
That’s it for today. I’m not sure what I will write this weekend. Most likely, I will update the Cast of Characters. Maybe I’ll start up a tally with all of the known lawsuits floating around. We’ll see where things go from here.
Thank you, and have a good one.
“Without Journalists, it’s just propaganda.”
– Katy Tur