Wednesday, April 11th.
PAUL RYAN TO NOT SEEK RE-ELECTION
- House Speaker Paul Ryan will not seek reelection, he tells friends and colleagues
- Paul Ryan’s Retirement Gives a Big Boost to the Most Prominent White Nationalist in U.S. Politics
- House Speaker Paul Ryan won’t seek reelection, according to people with knowledge of the situation
- Paul Ryan’s retirement increases the odds that President Trump will be impeached
- Now You’re Free, Paul Ryan. Fire Devin Nunes.
- Paul Ryan’s retirement marks the end of the sunny conservative
- Paul Ryan’s Retirement Signals Trump’s GOP Takeover is Complete, Says This Eisenhower Republican
- Paul Ryan Will Retire as the Biggest Fake in American Politics
- The leading Republican running for Paul Ryan’s seat is a white nationalist
- Paul Ryan is abandoning the ship before it sinks
- Paul “Mr. Responsible Balanced Budgets Guy” Ryan Created a Trillion-Dollar Deficit and Then Quit
- Ryan becomes the 42nd Republican member of the House to retire this year.
- Siren: Paul Ryan confidants say he’s not running again
So, Paul Ryan is retiring. The Speaker of the House, who was facing a stiff battle in November, decided to abandon ship.
One question that I have; does this mean Paul Ryan will grow a spine and stand up to Trump, or continue his invertebrate ways?
THE RUSSIAN INVESTIGATION: COHEN IS SOL AND PWF, DANA BOENTE AND JAMES COMEY, TRUMP’S TEMPER TANTRUMS WORSEN, SENATE MAKING MOVES TO PROTECT MUELLER, DEVIN NUNES IS A FUCKWAD, MANAFORT IS MANAFUCKED
Michael Cohen is SOL and PWF. Shit outta luck and pretty well fucked…
- Preet Bharara: ‘The likelihood that Michael Cohen is going to be charged is high’
- Raid on Trump’s Lawyer Sought Records on ‘Access Hollywood’ Tape
- Trump directly referenced in Cohen search warrant
- A Timeline Of President Trump’s Endeavor To Obstruct Justice
- Clown Lawyer Michael Cohen Gonna Learn Today | Above the Law
- FBI sought Trump’s communications with his personal lawyer regarding Access Hollywood
- Trump lawyer Michael Cohen owes N.Y. $54G in cab medallion taxes – NY Daily News
Dana Boente backed up Comey’s claims, and Comey taped an interview with ABC News…
- Dana Boente, former top Justice Department official now at FBI, has been interviewed by Mueller and turned over notes
- Handwritten notes appear to back Comey claims on Trump
- ABC: Comey compares Trump to mob boss
- Comey sat down with Stephanopoulos for 5-hour interview
Trump’s having more temper tantrums and getting shitty advice…
- Trump thinks any attack on him is an attack on America: Isn’t that the definition of a fascist?
- Trump Is So Angry, He Mostly Just Eats and Watches TV
- Trump casually admits to obstruction of justice, says he only did it to ‘fight back’
- Bannon pitches White House on plan to cripple Mueller probe and protect Trump – The Washington Post
But as much as the Senate looks like it’s trying to protect Robert Mueller…
- Bipartisan Senate bill to protect Mueller set for release Wednesday
- Senate panel moves to take up bill protecting Mueller | TheHill
Dipshit Cowpoke Devin Nunes tries to do Trump’s dirty work.
- Devin Nunes threatens to impeach FBI Director and Deputy Attorney General
- Nunes threatens to ‘impeach’ Wray and Rosenstein | TheHill
That still won’t help Paul Manafort. He’s not just fucked, he’s Manafucked.
- Spicy Mic: Manafort v DOJ + 35 “sets” of Subpoenas – Mad Dog PAC
- Mueller Seeks Subpoenas for 35 Witnesses for Manafort Trial
U.S. Special Counsel Robert Mueller asked a judge in Alexandria, Virginia, to issue 35 sets of subpoenas to witnesses for a July 10 appearance at a trial. That’s when President Donald Trump’s former campaign Chairman Paul Manafort is set to go on trial on tax and bank fraud charges.
Mueller asked for blank subpoenas, with names to be filled in later.
By the way, the Senate Intelligence Committee just received a bunch of documents from Jill Stein’s campaign.
COLD WAR 2.0: SYRIA, RUSSIA, AND TRUMP LEAKS ON TWITTER
- Trump Tells Russia ‘Get Ready’ For Syria Missile Strikes
- Trump says missiles ‘will be coming’ after alleged chemical attack in Syria
- Trump bemoans worsening Russian ties — 40 minutes after threatening them with missiles
- Within the same hour, President Trump threatens Russia, then seeks its cooperation
- Senators disagree over Syria military response, Trump’s legal authority
- The Secret Lover Of An “Assassinated” Russian Whistleblower Will Testify At His Inquest
CAMBRIDGE ANALYTICA AND FACEBOOK: DAY 2 OF ZUCKERBERG’S SENATE TESTIMONY
- Mark Zuckerberg has been apologizing for reckless privacy violations since he was a freshman
- Zuckerberg: regulation of social media firms is ‘inevitable’
- Congressional Hearing on Facebook Turns Up Heat on Mark Zuckerberg
- Fact Check: What Mark Zuckerberg Said About Facebook, Privacy and Russia – The New York Times
- Zuckerberg apologizes for data scrape – which also grabbed his Facebook information
THE PROPAGANDA MACHINE
- Republican group airs ad on ‘Fox & Friends’ defending Mueller probe
- Guess which cable news network covered the Cohen raid the least
WHITE HOUSE CHAOS
- The EPA just fired an official whose report undermined Scott Pruitt’s justification for expensive security
- Trump nominates David Morales, who declined to sue Trump University, for judge
- Trump Wants Wendy Vitter, Who Thinks Planned Parenthood Kills 150,000 Women a Year, to Be a Federal Judge – Mother Jones
- Trump Deputy National Security Adviser Nadia Schadlow Resigns
- Consumer agency spent $5,000 on frosted windows for senior staff
- Dem presses Mulvaney over frosted glass for office
- Trump Ordered DOJ to Hire Controversial Former Aide Ezra Cohen-Watnik
- Controversial former White House official joining Justice Department
- The right’s insane sliming of David Hogg
- David Hogg to take gap year to work on midterms, help educate new voters
- NRA Admits Accepting Money From 23 Russia-Linked Donors
- The Washington Post: ‘I know I don’t need it’: An AR-15 owner explains the allure
- Voter Registration At April 20th Walkouts – HeadCount
- Goodbye Gun Stocks: Divestment Made Easy
- Laura Ingraham Loses IBM as Advertiser Boycott Continues to Grow
SAY GOODBYE TO THE ECONOMY
- Stock Market crashes on tweet from Trump, set to open down 300 points
- The Video Game Industry Joins The Lawsuit To Save Net Neutrality
- Corker: Tax cuts ‘could be one of worst votes I’ve made’
CAN WE GET BACK TO POLITICS?
- RNC silent on FBI raid of deputy finance chair, Michael Cohen
- Koch Bodyguards Got Police Badges From Same Tiny Town as Mercer
- GOP Consultant Who Had Fiancée Sign ‘Slave’ Contract Charged With Battery
- Conservatives fear frustrated evangelicals won’t save GOP in 2018
- Medicaid expansion created 19,000 new jobs in Louisiana, according to study | NOLA.com
- Trump’s Company Is Suing Towns Across the Country to lower taxes— ProPublica
- Progressives plan wave of U.S. protests in event Trump fires Mueller
RUMOR MILL: GETTING OUT WHILE THE GETTING IS…
With Paul Ryan leaving, expect even more retirements from Congress from Republicans. Especially as news comes out about the GOP taking Russian money during 2016, and before.
That’s it for today. My plan for this weekend is to fill out the cast of characters a little bit, maybe include some media members as well. Especially Maggie Haberman. She’s an interesting character in this whole mess.
Thank you, and have a good one.
“Without Journalists, it’s just propaganda.”
– Katy Tur