Here’s a couple things that happened over the weened and today, Monday February 26th.
Holy Dogshit. This is a complete and total teardown of Devin Nunes’s attempt at discrediting the Russian Investigation and the FBI.
Here’s the short, short version…
- The FBI started their investigation not because of the Steele Dossier, but because of George Papadopoulos’s bragging to an Australian diplomat that he had had contact with the Russians.
- Carter Page is a Russophile. He’s more connected to Russia than is being let on.
- The FBI has been up Page’s ass with an electron microscope for years.
- At least four people in the Trump Campaign were under investigation during the campaign.
- The FBI verified a bunch of stuff in the Steele Dossier, and they saw the dossier as independent verification of their worst fears regarding Trump.
- The FBI told the FISA court that the Dossier was politically motivated, and it was still reliable enough to be seen as corroborating.
- The Peter Strozk/Lisa Page texts from the Nunes Memo were cherry picked to make them appear very partisan. Nunes ignored all of the ones where they were critical of Clinton and the Democrats.
- Strozk advised Comey on the reopening of HRC’s email investigation announcement.
- The timing was dubious. It was released on Saturday, just as Devin Nunes was taking the stage at CPAC.
I don’t hold out much hope on Hope talking. Nunes and his accomplices are letting the Trump team get away with Obstruction of Congress, Lying to Congress, and just flat out refusing to answer. Daily Check-In 12/08/2017 mentioned that the FBI had talked to her about Russia, emails, her role in the cover-up of the June 9th meeting.
This case has yet to go through Appeals court, and SCOTUS will not take a case unless it is of the highest importance. The last two times this happened was when Nixon refused to hand over his tapes, and during the Iran Hostage Crisis.
The fucked up thing is, what Trump did in ending DACA through Executive Order in and by itself is perfectly legal, and would have passed through the lower courts, if he had kept his mouth shut and not said that DACA was illegal and other such nonsense. By doing that, he made it an unconstitutional order.
Trump’s biggest enemy is Trump’s mouth. Like Napoleon Bonaparte said “Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.”
Here’s what I’m most interested in…
Reuters has also learned that over the past several months Mueller has begun focusing on Jeffrey Yohai, Manafort’s former son-in-law and his partner in four California property deals that failed and were placed in bankruptcy, as a potentially valuable witness in his probe.
They’re looking into Manafort’s family. If Paul doesn’t make a deal, they’ll go after anyone and everyone he might care about, know, or ever worked with. This is part of Mueller’s playbook; apply pressure where it hurts.
Maybe Mueller should wait for Cheeto Mussolini at one of Trump’s golf courses. Unlike Trump, Mueller strikes me as the kind of man who would work on a weekend to get the job done.
When it’s all said and done, our children and grandchildren will see a whole shitload of laws passed in the aftermath of Trump. Among those will be a several that explicitly spell out that what relationships are banned from positions of influence, regardless of pay.
If you’re on the Twitter machine, give @Emma4Change a follow. I’ve been following her and retweeting her message as much as possible.
She has been thrust into extraordinary circumstances. 17 of her classmates and friends were murdered, in cold blood, by a psychopath using a weapon of war. Instead of accepting “thoughts and prayers”, she’s standing up and fighting against corruption, entropy, and violence.
I really like what she says, and we have the same haircut.
RUMOR MILL: SAUDI NUCLEAR REACTORS, PART TWO
Remember the discussions about the Saudi Nuclear Reactor deal that Mike Flynn was working on? I discussed it on Daily Check-In 12/08/2017, which I referenced earlier.
Well, it looks like Trump’s asking Rick Perry, his corrupt AF Secretary of Energy to cancel a planned trip to India to go to London to negotiate with the Saudis on building nuclear reactors.
Think about that for a second. They’re trying to push through the same plan that Mike Flynn has briefed Robert Mueller on. That’s like trying to pull a trick play in a football game against the team that hired the guy who wrote the playbook.
That’s it for today. I think. This has been one of those nights where I’ve got a few things going on and I need to wrap things up a little quicker. Of course, that was a few hours ago, and now it’s almost midnight.
Things are gonna get pretty crazy in my life over the next few months. I don’t like to give too much personal info here, but let’s just say I’ve got a lot coming up by the summertime. If there’s a day or two I don’t make an update, I’ll catch up the day after. Writing is like working out, it’s much easier to do it on a schedule.
Thank you, and have a good one.
“Without Journalists, it’s just propaganda.”
– Katy Tur