SENATOR FEINSTEIN PUBLISHED FUSION GPS TESTIMONY FROM SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE
That happened. Holy Shit, she did it. Diane Feinstein gave a giant “Fuck You” to Chuck Grassley and released the transcripts of all 10 hours from Fusion GPS’s testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Direct PDF link to the 312 page long transcript.
There is a ton of information in here, so here’s a few bullet points.
- Fusion GPS does opposition research during large campaigns, but this isn’t their main business.
- They had researched Donald Trump before subcontracting the Russian research to Orbis.
- Orbis is Christopher Steele’s company.
- He was the head of the Russian desk at MI6.
- Fusion GPS had researched Trump’s properties, taxes, and contacts with unions, the Mafia, and several foreign connections that were shady AF.
- The basic research into Trump pointed to a ton of financial crimes, including tax fraud and money laundering.
- Trump isn’t worth near a billion dollars, let alone the 10, 12, 13, or 15 billion he regularly claims.
- Chris Steele and Glenn Simpson debated about taking this to the FBI.
- Chris saw some shit that made him think that Trump was being blackmailed by the Russians.
- Several subcontractors were hired, each with different areas of focus, like Latin America, China, Africa, etc.
- They were originally looking into sweatshops in Nicaragua that were making Trump campaign gear like the Red MAGA hats.
- Steele was freaked out by the partisanship and Pro-Trump bias of the FBI New York Office.
- When they went to the FBI in the summer, the Feds freaked out. Not because Chris brought them new information, but because he had independently confirmed what they already knew.
- The FBI had a mole in the campaign.
- No sources were paid for their information.
- At least one source was murdered.
STEVE BANNON STEPS DOWN FROM BREITBART, FIRED FROM SIRIUS XM
Following his fallout with Trump and Rebekah Mercer last week, Steve Bannon is on the outside looking in.
I’m not exactly celebrating this move, but I’m cautiously optimistic that this will lead to Bannon leaking like an old Pontiac.
He is a wounded animal, ready to lash out, and the only thing keeping him under control was his company. Now that he doesn’t have it anymore, if he wants to get a story out, he has to talk to other press, which he’s well versed in.
More importantly, if the rumors of Bannon flipping are true, and Mercer found out, cutting him off would make sense.
ARPAIO RUNNING FOR SENATE IN ARIZONA
Aside from the fact that he’s a complete waste of skin, thoroughly unqualified, and a convicted felon, he’s 85 years old. He would be 86 by the time he would serve. That’s older than John McCain, Orrin Hatch, and Diane Feinstein.
VESELNITSKAYA SUPPOSEDLY EXCHANGED PLEASANTRIES WITH IVANKA TRUMP
NBC reported this yesterday, but I didn’t include it.
Natalia Veselnitskaya, the Russian lawyer that met with Donnie Jr and crew in Trump Tower in the June 9th meeting claims that she exchanged pleasantries on her way out of the building with a blond woman who bore a striking resemblance to Ivanka Trump.
While Ivanka wasn’t listed as a participant in the meeting, it’s not crazy to think she was in the building.
The Trump team denies everything about this meeting ever occurred, but their credibility is so low that I have to ask who is lying, the people around the President, or the cutouts for a corrupt Russian regime?
FEDERAL COURT STRIKES DOWN NORTH CAROLINA CONGRESSIONAL MAP AS UNCONSTITUTIONAL
The most gerrymandered map in the country is unconstitutional. This is the second time this decade that the map has been declared illegal.
That’s it for today. Let’s see what tomorrow brings. There’s a lot of chatter in the Rumor Mill about issues with different media outlets, but it’s a bit complicated. For example, the NYT breaks a ton of stories, but they also run stories that are very complimentary of Trump, or attack his opponents like those talking about Russia.
These are very large companies with multiple departments and managers. One group might run a Pro-Trump story one day and another an Anti-Trump story the next.
I’m not sure why the sudden push, but hopefully I can get to the bottom of this. Or, lose interest and say screw it.
Thank you and have a good one.
“Without Journalists, it’s just propaganda.”
– Katy Tur