Monday, June 3, 2019 and Tuesday June 4.
THE RUSSIAN INVESTIGATION
George Nader Arrested
- Figure linked to Trump transition charged with transporting child pornography
- Man Arrested for Transporting Images of Child Sexual Abuse
- Jake Tapper: 1/ Anyone remember learning about George Nader? Refresher from March 2018: “NYT: Adviser to Emirates With Ties to Trump Aides Is Cooperating With Special Counsel”. 2/ Then remember learning Nader had been arrested in 1985 on child pornography charges? 3/ Anyway, reason I ask is he was arrested this morning at JFK for having child pornography on his cellphone
- Nader’s Unsealed Criminal Complaint
- Southpaw: I wouldn’t recommend reading the Nader affidavit but it confirms that the charges unsealed today arise from files on iphones seized at IAD on Jan. 17, 2018, which is when the Special Counsel team reportedly stopped him on his way to Mar-a-Lago.
- Scott Stedman: George Nader being a disgusting pedophile who deserves to rot in hell doesn’t change the facts. He (read: someone else who actually had the money) paid Israeli Joel Zamel $2,000,000 after Zamel pitched the Trump team to influence the election via social media. We need to know why
- Eric Garland: I read the Nader indictment. I’m not even going to post excerpts like I normally do. It is too monstrous. He worked for Trump. Donald Trump allowed our nation to be represented by a man who trafficked videos of torturing three-year olds. Nader was charged in 1990 and given a reduced sentence for helping with national security something something. Who was Attorney General? WILLIAM BARR.
That was a fucked up read.
George Nader, who was representing the Trump Campaign and the Trump Administration as well as working as Erik Prince’s right hand man, was busted for transporting child porn. And I’m not talking about a topless pic of a 17 year old girl who turns 18 next week. He had a dozen videos of young boys taking part in acts of humiliation and torture. Real young. Aside from one clip with a teen, the oldest boy was about 7, with most of the boys being in the 3-4 age range.
These videos were seized from George when he was stopped by the FBI most likely at Mueller’s request when he entered the country on January 17, 2018. After he was stopped, he became a cooperating witness real quick and provided a ton of information on everything surrounding the Middle East Marshal Plan. I hypothesized that earlier that George was probably caught with some child porn when they caught him and that’s why he cooperated so hard. Looks like that might be the case.
Where does this go from here? I’m not sure. This was a referral from an FBI agent in Jacksonville who specializes in these types of crimes, but it will be interesting to see whether or not other attorneys for the U.S. make a case to give him leniency in exchange for his testimony and information. Then again, if they have his notes, do they really need him?
Pay attention to what happens going forward. Team Trump will try to spin this like they had nothing to do with Nader, but associating with someone who was carrying videos of this kind across international borders doesn’t look good. Harvey Weinstein and R. Kelly look good next to him.
Paul Manafort has been transferred to New York prison where he’s awaiting state charges for fraud and tax evasion.
- Trump-DNC sanctions
- Former Trump aide Roger Stone called for ex-CIA chief John Brennan to be hanged for treason in now deleted Instagram post
- Adam Schiff on AG Bill Barr: “I think he’s the 2nd most dangerous man in the country”
- While Mueller testifying remains in question, House panel slates other hearings
- Eric Swalwell: We are preparing for impeachment. I am the only presidential candidate that would actually have to try the president. I take that responsibility very seriously.
- Mueller investigation: House announces public hearings on Trump’s ‘overt acts of obstruction’
- Mueller Sets the Record Straight: No Exoneration
- Eric Swalwell: If you paid an attorney to defend you, but instead she defended the guy who you were suing, you’d fire her. We’re paying AG Barr. He’s defending Donald Trump. He needs to go.
- House to hold hearing on Mueller report, “presidential obstruction and other crimes”
- Eric Swalwell: Here’s what we’re going to do: ◻️Bring Mueller in ◻️Get the full report ◻️Impeach Barr ◻️Impeach Mnuchin
- Rep. Jayapal: Today, I became the FIRST South Asian American woman to preside over the U.S. House of Representatives. Beyond proud to serve in the most diverse Congress in our nation’s history and to hold the gavel today.
- Hope Hicks agrees to give House Democrats some documents after White House tells her not to comply with subpoena
- White House directs Hicks, Donaldson to withhold White House documents from House panel
- White House instructs former Trump aide Hope Hicks, ex-counsel’s chief of staff not to cooperate with congressional investigators
- House committee to vote on holding Barr and Ross in contempt for failing to provide documents related to 2020 Census citizenship question
- House Dems to hold Barr, Ross in contempt over census question
- Top Democrat says ‘every name’ might be included in contempt package next week: ‘This is a huge cover-up’
- GOP lawmakers discuss vote to block Trump’s new tariffs on Mexico, in what would be a dramatic act of defiance
- GOP lawmakers warn White House they’ll try to block Trump’s Mexico tariffs
- ‘Clearly confused’: Dems call out Trump after he wrongly says Senate vote still needed on aid bill
- House passes $19 billion disaster aid bill, Trump expected to sign it
- Election security bills in the Senate are hitting one big roadblock: Mitch McConnell
COHEN, NEW YORK, AND THE OTHER LAWSUITS
- Jared Kushner’s Axios Interview Was a Total Clown Show. Here Are His Most Cringeworthy Answers.
- Kushner unsure whether he’d alert FBI if Russians request another meeting
TRUMP THE RUSSIAN ASSET A.K.A. INDIVIDUAL-1
- London’s mayor compared President Trump to an 11-year-old child
- Trump dismisses London protests, says he would have sued E.U. over Brexit
- Trump faces giant ‘USS John McCain’ and Obama approval ratings projected onto London landmarks during state visit
- Trump gets a banquet with the queen and the good china on state visit to U.K.
- Trump is angry he can’t watch Fox News in the UK
- Trump labelled ‘far-right’ by London mayor Sadiq Khan after president attacks him upon arrival in UK
- Trump meets with Queen Elizabeth II, says he hasn’t seen any protesters
- Trump Said: “Where Are The Protests? I Don’t See Any Protests,” Ignoring… Well, All This
- Trump says he would have sued E.U. over Brexit, but Theresa May is ‘probably a better negotiator’
- Trump supporters barricaded in Wetherspoons by police after being surrounded by protesters chanting ‘Nazi scum off our streets’ during heated clashes in London
- UK official calls Trump a ‘sexual predator’ and ‘racist’
- William, Harry and Kate Deny Trump What He Wanted Most: a Photo Op
- Emily Thornberry: Trump is a ‘sexual predator’ and ‘racist’
- Kathryn Watson: The White House hasn’t really offered an explanation for why the president’s adult children who don’t work in the administration are on this state visit. Asked the WH why the president’s adult children who aren’t a part of the administration are on the state visit, and who is paying for their travel and related expenses. A White House official didn’t address the why question, but did say, “They are personally paying.”
- Betty Friedrich: Not many people here to greet Trump….
- Donald Trump still owes El Paso $470,000
- 2017 Transportation Department emails Related to Planning for Secretary Chao
- Eric Lipton: HERE IS THE ENTIRE COLLECTION OF EMAILS WE GOT FROM US DOT. More than 1,300 pages detailing planning for the trip to China, which was cancelled after ethics questions raised. SEE THIS LINK. Transparency matters.
- ‘Alarmingly Inappropriate’: Elaine Chao Tried to Include Family Members With Business Ties in China Meetings
- Radio Host Trolls Trump By Holding Up A Photo Of John McCain On Fox News
- Fox News guest holds up photo of John McCain in case ‘the president’s watching’
- Joe Walsh: Because President Trump lies so much, people don’t believe anything he says. People don’t believe him when he says he’s going to do something. People don’t take his threats seriously. People just can’t ever believe him. This isn’t good.
- We’re flying the Trump baby blimp again – because the US president doesn’t deserve our respect
EMERGENCIES, SHUTDOWN & IMMIGRATION
- Judge rejects House suit to block transfer of billions of dollars for Trump border wall
- Howard Dean: Apparently the judge, Trevor McFadden, who ruled that trump could not be sued by House Dems over his executive order to fund his wall without congressional approval was a trump donor. Perhaps Justice Roberts would like to explain again how the American judiciary is not corrupt
- Mexico optimistic it can head off tariffs but Trump expects them to take effect
RACISM, RIGHT WING TERRORISM, & WHITE NATIONALISM
- A new book of photographs offers a penetrating look at the segregated South during Redemption and Jim Crow
- A teacher asked Trump to round up ‘illegal students’ — in tweets she says she thought were private
- Kyle Griffin: Rep. Rashida Tlaib tears up while, during questioning of FBI officials on domestic terrorism, she reads death threats that her office has received. “‘The only good Muslim is a dead one.’ How is that not enough to fall under domestic terrorism?”
- George Takei: They’re planning a “straight pride” parade in Boston, presumably to commemorate that historic moment when courageous heterosexual frat bros finally stood up to the gay cops who had been harassing and arresting them for decades.
SCOTUS & COURTS
Citizenship Census Question
- Civil rights groups ask federal judge to reconsider conspiracy ruling on census citizenship question
- Just What We Suspected: Push for Citizenship Question on 2020 Census Is About Favoring Whites and Republicans
- Justice Department says allegations that it hid true motives for census citizenship question are ‘frivolous’
- Republicans Plan to Rig Elections for a Decade
- That Bombshell Evidence in the Census Case? The Supreme Court Might Ignore It. | Why the justices might not even consider new evidence that undercuts the administration’s rationale.
#METOO & WOMEN’S RIGHTS
- Congresswoman Mary Gay Scanlon: When you hold a hearing on the threats to women’s reproductive rights, this is what the panel should look like. #StopTheBans
- Ida Skibenes: ”ThE bABy YoU aBoRt cOuLDv’E cUrED CaNcEr” The gay kid you bullied into suicide could’ve cured cancer. The 14 year old dead after a school shooting could’ve cured cancer. The baby you traumatized by putting it in a cage, could’ve cured cancer. They had a heartbeat, too.
- As states try to restrict abortion, access is expanding in some parts of the South
- US abortion policies amount to ‘torture’, says UN commissioner
- What do you do with a problem like Al Franken?
- Women of color were cut out of the suffragist story. Historians say it’s time for a reckoning.
COLD WAR 2.0
- The Trump administration approved 2 Saudi nuclear transfers after Jamal Khashoggi’s murder
- Caroline Orr: The Trump administration has approved the transfer of nuclear technology from U.S. companies to Saudi Arabia seven times — including twice after the assassination of journalist Jamal Khashoggi by the Saudi regime.
- Exclusive: Pompeo delivers unfiltered view of Trump’s Middle East peace plan in off-the-record meeting
- Sen. Kaine: Trump approved nuclear tech transfer to Saudis after Khashoggi’s murder
- U.S. okayed nuclear power sharing with Saudi Arabia after Khashoggi death: senator
- Shannon Watts says the gun control movement is finally outmaneuvering the NRA – ThinkProgress
- His Son Died In The Aurora Theater Shooting. The GOP Is Outraged He Supports Gun Control. | Colorado Republicans want to recall state Rep. Tom Sullivan because he did what he campaigned on.
- Virginia Beach employees return to work at municipal complex after mass shooting
- Virginia Beach mass shooter reveals little in resignation note sent day of massacre
- Virginia Beach wants to be known for its boardwalk, SEALs and strawberries — not its tragedy
FIXING THE INTERNET
THE PROPAGANDA MACHINE
- Obama Tells Ottawa Crowd ‘Deepfake’ Videos Have Him Worried
- Opinion | China tried to erase the memory of Tiananmen Square. But its legacy lives on.
- Matt McDeremott: Last week, it was reported that the New York Times banned reporters from Rachel Maddow’s show for being ‘too partisan.’ Today, David Brooks was a guest on RT. Russian propaganda, but not @maddow?
- Soledad O’Brien: I will say this: journalism is being dismantled infront of all of y’all.
- Trump urges customers to drop AT&T to punish CNN over its coverage of him
- ‘Fox & Friends’ insists Ivanka Trump isn’t getting booed—as she gets booed
WHITE HOUSE CHAOS
TRADE WAR, HEALTH CARE, AND ECONOMY
- Trump’s Trade War Has Cost Investors Up to $7 Trillion
- What’s new from Apple? ‘Dark Mode’ on iOS, the end of iTunes and privacy tweaks.
- The fashion industry gave Barbie an award. Does she really deserve one?
- American taxpayers paid over $90 billion more under Trump tax law
- Charters were supposed to save public education. Why did people turn on them?
- Universities worry about potential loss of Chinese students
GOP: THE PARTY OF LINCOLN IS DEAD
- Young adults ‘hate’ Republicans, David Brooks says
- A wealthy televangelist explains his fleet of private jets: ‘It’s a biblical thing’
- In Louisiana’s push for minimum marriage age, Conservatives fight for 15 years old
CRIME AND PUNISHMENT
- ‘We are concerned’: Dallas police ask for FBI help after third transgender woman killed
- A Muslim school board candidate was pepper-sprayed during a traffic stop. She decried it as police brutality. Police say she resisted arrest.
- Former GOP chair arrested for masturbating in bushes outside his estranged wife’s apartment
- Man who threw a boy off a mall balcony after ‘looking for someone to kill’ gets 19-year sentence
- Police say Maleah Davis’s body was found in Arkansas. The 4-year-old had been missing since early May.
PRIESTS & RELIGION
ENVIRONMENT & SCIENCE
- ‘Blatant Attempt to Intimidate’: Trump Administration Proposal Threatens Pipeline Protesters With Up to 20 Years in Prison
- ‘Something incredible happened last week’: Forecasters credited with saving lives in outbreak with 434 tornado reports
- A dad punched a shark ‘in the face five times’ to save his daughter, who lost a leg in attack
- After a biblical spring, this is the week that could break the Corn Belt
- Climate change is our World War III. It needs a bold response
- FDA wins groundbreaking case against for-profit stem cell company
- How binge-watching is hazardous to your health
- Killing wolves was supposed to solve a problem but created one that will last forever
- Opinion | Why Two Ex-Surgeons General Support the ‘Juliana 21’ Climate Lawsuit
- Planning a summer holiday? 3 U.S. destinations to see before they change forever.
- Sharks popping up all around Florida for summer beach season
- The relentless slaughter of wolves paved the way for a predator that refuses to die
- This $1,650 pill will tell your doctors whether you’ve taken it. Is it the future of medicine?
- U.S. EPA is sued for ousting scientists from advisory committees
- With state subsidies and a firm hand, China races ahead with electric transport
- Trump administration is responsible for the largest reduction in protected land in US history, study finds.
- Texas Gov. Abbott led effort to purge 100,000 voters from state election rolls: reports
- Emails show Texas governor requested the voter purge that used flawed data
- “A Lot of Bernie’s Support Seems to Be Drifting to Warren”: As Sanders Reprises Greatest Hits, Elizabeth Warren Is Surging
- #NoMiddleGround Goes Viral as Sanders Backers Say Democrats Can’t Afford to Compromise on Medicare for All, Reproductive Rights, and Bold Climate Agenda
- Bernie Sanders Calls for Trump Impeachment Hearings to Begin
- Elizabeth Warren Adds $2 Trillion And A Green Marshall Plan To Climate Vision – The senator with a plan for everything is fleshing out what could be her Green New Deal.
- Warren support breaks double digits: poll
PROGRESS IS PROGRESS
- Illinois poised to enact historic recreational marijuana bill that could clear convictions for 770,000
IN OTHER NEWS…
- 75 years after D-Day, veteran still wonders why he was spared
- Can an American running legend out-race 60 horses? He’s ready to find out.
- How Randy Rainbow reinvented political satire for the YouTube age
- ‘Jeopardy!’ producer: ‘Appropriate’ action planned after leak of James Holzhauer’s loss
- How James Holzhauer’s astonishing ‘Jeopardy!’ run came to a dramatic end
- James Holzhauer was on pace to break a ‘Jeopardy’ record today. Then this happened. [SPOILER]
- Matthew Boling went viral for his track success. His life has changed 10 seconds at a time.
- MLB, long expecting Latin players to learn English, is finally beginning to speak their language
- Review | Some grim news about ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’: It’s getting boring
- The Lincoln Memorial as a pyramid? That wasn’t the craziest idea pitched a century ago.
- Warriors even up NBA Finals, beating Raptors in Game 2, 109-104
- Countercheckist: I’m growing tired of Congress’ never-ending list of excuses for not doing their job(s). Articles of Impeachment against Andrew Johnson; Article 10. Read it. @HouseDemocrats @HouseGOP @SenateDems @SenateGOP. Uphold your Constitutional role, or resign.
- Greg Olear: Let’s talk about the Unsolved Mysteries of the Donald Trump Administration. Because there are quite a few. [THREAD]
- Thread by @gregolear: “Let’s talk about the Unsolved Mysteries of the Donald Trump Administration. Because there are quite a few. [THREAD] 1/ Jared Kushner made a […]” #WhoOwnsKavanaugh
- Patrick Simpson: This is going to culminate in impeachment. I’ve been saying for months. Impeachment starts in June, and he’s gone by end of September. I stand by this.
- ArsonCrafts: WANTED: Journalist TO: Cover fascinating story of a Canadian pastor who described an American operation of 20k pastors giving parishioner data to a “big data firm” to help Trump in 2016 WHY: Impacts US & Canada elections HOW: See here. I’ll help you.
- Patrick Simpson: Fun Fact: If Impeachment hearings swung presidential approval against him by 10 points across the board – there would only be 18 Senators representing states that approve of Trump; 2 Democrats and 2 are retiring republicans with nothing to lose. #Impeachmentiscoming
That’s it for the last couple days. I feel like I’m getting back in the swing of things.
I’m going to add George Nader to The Indicted in a few minutes.
Thank you, and have a good one.
“Without Journalists, it’s just propaganda.”
– Katy Tur
One thought on “Check-In 06/04/2019”