Thursday, April 18, 2019 to Sunday April 22. Published on Tuesday, April 23rd.
THE RUSSIAN INVESTIGATION
The Mueller Report has been released. At least a redacted version. To be honest, it’s not nearly as blacked out as I thought it would. I also thought it would be 400 black pages with a few words selectively left in place that would say something like “Trump not bad.” Ever since Daily Check-In 03/22/2019 when the report was first handed over to Mueller, we’ve been waiting for this to come to light. Of course, this is not the end, but simply the beginning.
I have to admit that I have not read the report yet. As I’ve mentioned in the last few posts, I have a lot of things going on in my personal life. Even with that, there’s a lot to digest from this weekend.
So, the short, short version. The Russians helped Trump become President. Trump and his team lied about it constantly. They tried to conspire with the Russians but screwed it up. They lied so much that no one could be trusted. Richard Burr fed the Trump White House sensitive information. The Reporters were right. The whole of Team Trump broke a fuckton of laws. They tried to get Clinton’s emails like there was a golden ticket attached to them. Mueller referred 14 criminal investigations to other agencies, and only two of them are currently known to the public, and not in a lot of detail.
William Barr lied to cover for Trump. His main argument, and I use that term loosely, for why he didn’t charge Trump with Obstruction of Justice was that no one carried out his commands. Each time he ordered someone to do something to hinder the investigation, that person either pushed back, slow-walked the order, or just ignored it. Because of that, Barr says that Trump’s actions don’t meet the requirement of the criminal statute. If you think trying to commit a crime but fucking it up isn’t a crime in itself, I guess all the people Chris Hansen asked to have a seat on ‘To Catch A Predator’ are completely innocent, huh?
Also, Mueller didn’t charge Trump with Obstruction of Justice. He said that duty should fall to Congress.
- Cory Booker: The Trump administration posted an unsearchable pdf of the Mueller report so it would be harder for you to read. We made it easier. Here’s a searchable version:
- Mueller Report | Wiki Leaks | Donald Trump
- Searchable PDF of the Mueller Report
- “Because There Was So Much Obstruction, It’s Impossible for Us to Know Whether There Was a Conspiracy”
- 4 takeaways from the Mueller report
- ‘The Biggest Piece Mueller Left Out’
- 7 takeaways from the Mueller report
- 7 times the Mueller report caught Sean Spicer and Sarah Sanders lying to press
- After Mueller report, brother of Seth Rich calls on those who pushed conspiracy theory to ‘take responsibility’
- Analysis: Mueller paints a damning portrait of the president
- Bharara: Mueller report shows there’s ‘potential viable prosecution once Donald Trump leaves office’
- Clinton investigator Ken Starr admits Trump did the same thing he once accused Clinton of doing
- Donald Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani says he’d “love to have a trial” to prove president’s innocence
- Eric Holder: ‘Any Competent’ Prosecutor Would Win Obstruction Case Against Trump
- Ex-Nixon White House counsel: Mueller report ‘more damning’ than Watergate
- FBI suspects Russians hacked ‘at least one’ Florida county, Mueller report says
- Former White House counsel McGahn says his portrayal in the Mueller report is “accurately described”
- Giuliani: ‘There’s nothing wrong with taking information from Russians’
- Here Are All the Times Donald Trump and His Associates Intersected With Russians
- Inside the special counsel’s long hunt to uncover whether the Trump campaign conspired with Russia
- Mueller identified ‘dozens’ of U.S. rallies organized by Russian troll farm
- Mueller investigated rumored compromising tapes of Trump in Moscow
- Mueller report highlights scope of election security challenge
- Mueller report reveals Sarah Sanders lied for Trump. It’s time for her to resign.
- Mueller report suggests the ‘fake news’ came from Trump, not the news media
- Mueller Report: Assange Smeared Rich to Cover for Russians
- Mueller Report: Assange Smeared Seth Rich to Cover for Russians
- Mueller report: Russia reached out to Trump team immediately after the election
- Mueller Reveals Trump’s Efforts to Thwart Russian Inquiry in Highly Anticipated Report
- Mueller Said He Would Have Exonerated Trump On Obstruction If The Evidence Supported It, But They Couldn’t
- Mueller: Russians tried to hack Clinton’s account hours after Trump’s email remarks
- Mueller’s Russia report details Trump actions to impede inquiry
- Mueller’s report paints a damning portrait of Trump’s presidency
- New normal: A president can freely interfere with investigations without going to jail
- Obstruction by Trump failed because others refused to ‘carry out orders,’ Mueller report says
- Opinion | Russia attacked us. The Mueller report still doesn’t give us the full story.
- Opinion | The Mueller report nails Sarah Sanders on an extravagant fabrication
- Paranoia, lies and fear: Trump’s presidency laid bare by Mueller report
- Re-Read Bill Barr’s Infamous Letter With Full Quotes From the Mueller Report
- Republicans On Mueller Report: Time To Put On Blinders And Support Trump
- Republicans stay silent on Mueller report
- Robert Mueller’s Decision Not To Indict Donald Trump Wasn’t For The Lack Of Evidence: Former FBI Agent
- Seth Rich Was Not Source of Leaked D.N.C. Emails, Mueller Report Confirms
- The 10 instances of possible obstruction in Mueller report
- The 10 Trump actions Mueller spotlighted for potential obstruction
- The art of loyalty, the pain of betrayal: Mueller shows how Trump has always operated
- The Mueller report is the opposite of exoneration
- The Mueller report puts it beyond dispute: Trump is profoundly corrupt
- The Mueller report reads like the indictment of a mob boss, not an investigation of a president.
- The Mueller Report Went from ‘Complete Exoneration!’ to ‘Total Bullshit!’ as Soon as It Was Actually Released
- Through email leaks and propaganda, Russians sought to elect Trump, Mueller finds
- Trump campaign attempted to obtain Hillary Clinton’s private emails
- William Barr: Trump’s Obstruction Was Legal Because He Was Sincerely Paranoid
- Michael Steele: Stunning AG Barr “defense “ of Trump: “there is substantial evidence to show that the President was frustrated and angered by a sincere belief that the investigation was undermining his presidency…” Say what?! Are you Dr. Phil or Attorney General?
- David Jolly: Respectfully submitted for headline/chyron writers Thursday morning: Trump’s Attorney General addresses media without Mueller; floats his interpretation of special counsel report; withholds full report from Congress and nation, redacting available copy.
- Renato Mariotti: Barr just said that he is going to keep “grand jury information” from Congressional leadership. He cannot keep the results of a criminal investigation of the president from the House of Representatives, period. Now is the time for @RepJerryNadler to act. Just to be clear, that means that Barr intends to keep evidence obtained by grand jury subpoena, such as documents and grand jury testimony, from Congress. The Executive Branch investigated potential crimes by the president. The House has impeachment power. They get the results. I know that Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e) limits the disclosure of grand jury material. Either the House fits into an exception or the rule is unconstitutional as applied to the House. The Executive Branch cannot use the rule to hide results of an investigation.
- Natasha Bertrand: PETER SMITH was contacted by Michael Flynn to find the deleted Clinton emails, at Trump’s request, per Mueller.
- Mimi Rocah: There is literally no plausible explanation for the gap between the so-called “press conference” & report release other than trying to control the narrative.
- Clint Watts: Attorney General Barr just became the Dick Cheney of the Trump era.
- Judy Woodruff: let this not be lost in Mueller Report: “The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic fashion.” Part I, page 9
- Emptywheel: A reminder that during his confirmation Barr said 3X floating pardons for false testimony was a crime. (link: https://www.emptywheel.net/2019/03/26/three-times-william-barr-said-trading-pardons-for-false-testimony-was-obstruction-of-justice/) emptywheel.net/2019/03/26/thr… Mueller report shows Trump did that.
- Steve Reilly: The Special Counsel’s Office made 14 referrals of evidence of potential criminal activity to outside offices. Only two are publicly known at this point.
- House Democrats Subpoena Full Mueller Report, and the Underlying Evidence
- Mueller report updates: Nadler subpoenas full findings
- Mueller Report Subpoena.pdf
- What House Judiciary subpoena for Mueller report means for Justice Dept.
- Five things to know about impeachment
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says it’s time to investigate Trump for impeachment
- AOC responds to Mueller report by accusing of Republican’s ‘double standards on impeachment’
- Dear Democrats: Mueller Just Handed You a Road Map for Impeachment. Follow It.
- Elizabeth Warren Calls for House to Impeach Trump, Citing Mueller Report
- Elizabeth Warren Calls for Impeachment
- Elizabeth Warren calls for Trump’s impeachment
- I’ve warned that impeachment talk is dangerous, but the time has come: Laurence Tribe
- If Impeaching Trump Is Pointless, Then Bipartisanship Is Worthless
- Impeach Donald Trump? ; Obstruction of justice is a crime. The decision is clear.
- Congress Should Impeach William Barr
- Congress should initiate impeachment proceedings against Trump
- Congress subpoenas full Mueller report, escalating battle with Trump’s Justice Department
- Nadler: ‘Responsibility now falls to Congress to hold the president accountable’
- Nadler: “Barr deliberately misled the American people”
- Nadler: I don’t understand why Mueller didn’t charge Donald Trump Jr., others in Trump Tower meeting
- Ocasio-Cortez says she will sign Trump impeachment resolution
- Ocasio-Cortez: Impeachment on ‘Our Doorstep,’ Dems Cite ‘Disturbing Evidence’
- Robert Mueller Told Congress They Can Prosecute the President. Now It Gets Ugly
- Schiff on Mueller Report: “In Every Way This Is More Significant Than Watergate”
- Schiff: ‘Ample evidence of collusion in plain sight’
- Schiff: Trump’s obstruction was far worse than anything Nixon did
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren Calls for Trump to Be Impeached
- Subpoena issued for full Mueller report
- Swalwell calls for Barr to resign
- The Mueller Report Demands an Impeachment Inquiry
- The Mueller Report Is a Challenge to Congress: Save the Republic. Impeach the President.
- The president must be impeached
- The Mueller report reads like an impeachment referral
- It’s not 1998 anymore. Democrats shouldn’t be afraid of Impeachment
- Momentum for Impeachment Is Picking Up
- On impeachment, Warren just stole the show from her dodging Democratic rivals
- Pelosi Pressured as Progressives Demand Impeachment Post-Mueller
- Pelosi, Schumer Call For Special Counsel Mueller to Provide Public Testimony In House And Senate
- Pelosi, Schumer Joint Statement on Special Counsel Mueller’s Report
- Pelosi, Schumer: Mueller report ‘appears to undercut’ Barr on obstruction
- Top Democrat says he can foresee impeachment proceedings “possibly coming”
- Trump impeachment would fail because GOP “holds water” for “corrupt, unethical, dishonest” president, claims Schiff
- Cummings says Trump will be “emboldened” if Democrats “do nothing” after Mueller report
- Rep. Cummings: I am begging Americans to pay attention to what is going on
- Trump’s efforts to obstruct were clear, Democrats say, but question of impeachment isn’t
- Warren calls for House to begin impeachment proceedings
- Rep Eric Swalwell: Newsflash: no one wants to hear from Barr. Show us the full report. You should never have been confirmed and at best should be recused. We don’t need a statement from the President’s legal team. We want the full #MuellerReport
- Rep Adam Schiff: Just been informed by DOJ that we’ll receive Mueller’s report only after Barr gives a press conference. Once again, Barr wants to shape the public’s perception of the report. This is on top of reports DOJ secretly briefed the White House. This is not justice. Just PR.
- Nancy Pelosi: AG Barr has thrown out his credibility & the DOJ’s independence with his single-minded effort to protect @realDonaldTrump above all else. The American people deserve the truth, not a sanitized version of the Mueller Report approved by the Trump Admin.
- Renato Mariotti: Barr stonewalled House Judiciary Chairman Jerrold Nadler, but he has privately shared Mueller report findings with the White House, which “aided the president’s legal team as it prepares a rebuttal to the report.” So much for the transparency he promised.
- Rep Jerry Nadler: Attorney General Barr wrote to me on April 1: “I do not believe it would be in the public’s interest for me to attempt to summarize the full report.” I agree. So why is the AG holding a press conference tomorrow morning to go over the Mueller report? #ReleaseTheReport
- Jake Sherman: This report makes one thing clear: when Congressional Republicans said they were confident that the president was not going to fire Bob Mueller, their confidence was really, really misplaced.
- Rep Eric Swalwell: “The investigation established several individuals affiliated with the Trump Campaign LIED to the Special Counsel, and to Congress about their interactions with Russian-related individuals…Those lies MATERIALLY IMPAIRED the investigation of Russian interference.” #MuellerReport
- Kyle Cheney: BIG: Mueller and his team concluded that Congress has authority to police obstruction of justice. MUELLER: “[W]e concluded that Congress has the authority to prohibit a president’s corrupt use of his authority in order to protect the integrity of the administration of justice.” MORE MUELLER: “The conclusion that Congress may apply the obstruction laws to the President’s corrupt exercise of the powers of office accords with our constitutional system of checks and balances and the principle that no person is above the law.” MUELLER credit Comey’s version of the “loyalty” pledge dinner. “[S]ubstantial evidence corroborates Comey’s account of the dinner.” MUELLER indicates that he interviewed Rosenstein on May 23, 2017 — underscoring concerns raised by legal experts about whether Rosenstein could credibly oversee the probe while also being a witness.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Still Plans to Visit Kentucky, Despite Andy Barr’s Wishes
- Ocasio-Cortez plans visit to Kentucky despite being uninvited by GOP colleague
- Trump tampered with witnesses. These Senate Republicans voted to oust Bill Clinton for doing just that
COHEN, NEW YORK, AND THE OTHER LAWSUITS
- Michael Cohen says he will ‘tell it all’ to help fill in Mueller report redactions for the American people
- Don Jr. ‘Likely Violated’ Campaign Finance Laws, Watchdog Alleges
- Trump’s Taxes: 1924 Law Gives Congress Authority to See Returns
- Trump’s Taxes Are Fair Game. Just Ask Warren Harding.
TRUMP THE RUSSIAN ASSET A.K.A INDIVIDUAL-1
- Trump Still Hasn’t Condemned Russia for Meddling in the 2016 Election
- Trump is accused of gross abuse of his office. We’re not talking about the Mueller report.
- Trump liked the Mueller report when it looked good for him. Today he called it “total bullshit.” — “Total Exoneration” to total BS in less than a month.
- Trump’s most frequent contribution to the Mueller probe? ‘I don’t recall.’
- What Trump and lawmakers are saying now that the Mueller report is public
- While confidence in Mueller spiked after his work was done, views of Trump and Russia didn’t budge
- Trump administration’s proposed hiring requirement alarms criminal justice reform advocates on left and right
- Trump after Mueller appointment: “This is the end of my presidency. I’m fucked.”
- Trump again jokes about staying on as president for more than two terms
- Trump called his lawyer a “lying bastard” after he refused to lie for him
- Dispute flares among U.S. officials over Trump administration Iran arms control report
- Donald Trump accuses Mueller report participants of ‘treason’ and vows to ‘turn tables’ on them
- Donald Trump is no Richard Nixon. He’s worse
- Trump approval drops 3 points to 2019 low after release of Mueller report: Reuters/Ipsos poll
- Trump approval drops to 2019 low after Mueller report’s release: poll
- POLL: Mueller report exonerates Trump, say Americans who did not actually read the Mueller report
- Poll: Mueller Report Sinks Trump’s Approval Rating To New 2019 Low
- President Donald Trump’s approval rating drops to lowest level of the year following release of Mueller report
- Early polls show Trump hurt by Mueller report as media vindicated by its findings — Early polls show that Trump has suffered political damage from the release of the Mueller report
- William Barr Has Failed America
- William Barr Is a Complete Tool. It’s Time for Robert Mueller to Testify.
- William Barr just did Trump another huge favor
- William Barr Misled Everyone About the Mueller Report. Now Democrats Are Calling for His Resignation.
- William Barr Must Resign
- William Barr threw his credibility in the gutter
- What Attorney General Barr buried, misrepresented or ignored in clearing Trump
- ‘Barr didn’t spin the report, he just lied’
- Attorney General Barr just defined ‘collusion’ in a way that will make Trump ecstatic
- Barr Embarrasses Himself and the Justice Department
- Barr might have just admitted Trump associates were involved in the dissemination of hacked Democratic emails
- Barr tried to exonerate Trump. That’s not how the special counsel rules work.
- Fmr Federal Prosecutor: Barr Did ‘Lasting Damage’ and His Credibility Is in the ‘Trash’
- Erik Prince financed effort to find Clinton’s emails, Mueller report says
- Mueller: Erik Prince funded hunt for Hillary’s emails, lied about Russian meeting
- Blackwater founder Erik Prince helped fund effort tied to obtaining Clinton’s emails
Burr and Graham
- Burr apparently fed info on FBI’s Russia probe to White House, Mueller says
- Burr appears to have given White House information about FBI’s probe, Mueller report says
- Republican Running Senate Russia Probe Passed FBI Info To White House: Mueller
- Lindsey Graham’s Old Comments About Obstruction Sound Really Awkward Now | The South Carolina Republican had very different views on the matter in 1999, when President Bill Clinton was facing impeachment.
Jr. and Jared
- Mueller Confirms: Don Jr. Was Too Stupid to Collude
- Fmr Watergate Prosecutor Questions Why Mueller Didn’t Charge Donald Trump Jr.
- Jared Kushner Gave Copy of Vladimir Putin-Approved U.S.-Russia Reconciliation Plan to Rex Tillerson, Mueller Report Reveals
- QAnon Believers Crushed After Mueller Report Fails to Lead to Hillary Clinton’s Arrest
- QAnon Is Just the Standard Trump Train Now
- George Conway: Trump is a cancer on the presidency. Congress should remove him.
- HBO requests Trump stop using Game of Thrones memes ‘for political purposes’
- Kasich: Trump’s behavior in Mueller report shows ‘America deserves better’
- Robert De Niro: Trump has ‘proven himself to be a total loser’
- Trump Hasn’t Done A Single Thing To Help Average Americans – The Ring of Fire Network
- Trump is a disgrace not welcome in Britain: The president has been shown to be the biggest threat to US governance since Watergate. Britain must not honour this dishonourable man with a state visit
- Trump Obstructed Justice
EMERGENCIES, SHUTDOWN, & IMMIGRATION
RACISM, RIGHT WING TERRORISM & WHITE NATIONALISM
- F.B.I. Arrests Leader of Right-Wing Militia That Detained Migrants in New Mexico
- An armed militia was ‘detaining’ migrants at the border. The FBI arrested its leader.
- “They Killed Us”: Crowdfunding Sites Have Cut Off An Armed Militia Detaining Migrants At The Border
- FBI arrests member of armed group stopping migrants in New Mexico — “The rule of law should be in the hands of trained law enforcement officials, not armed vigilantes,” New Mexico Attorney General Hector Balderas said.
- ‘Just let them die’: Ohio guards laughed as supremacist stabbed cuffed black inmates, suit says
- Trump fails to act after three black churches burned down
- Trump supporter arrested for homophobic death threats against Democrats of color
SCOTUS & COURTS
#METOO & WOMEN’S RIGHTS
- Postpartum depression is one of the most common complications of childbirth. Researchers are homing in on risk factors.
COLD WAR 2.0
- AP Exclusive: Mysterious operative haunted Kaspersky critics
- Countercheckist: In an effort to prove Kaspersky isn’t controlled by Russian intelligence, undercover spies are targeting Kaspersky critics with tactics used by Russian spies. Welcome to 2019.
- Australia Says It’s “Ready To Confirm” A Key Meeting That Led To The Investigation Into Trump’s Russia Links
- 911corlebra777: This is a YUGE deal. Australia NEVER releases diplomatic cables. Not even redacted ones. And Australia has done it hours before the Barr dog and pony show. 🇦🇺
- Death toll in the Sri Lanka bombings jumps to 290
- French Ambassador On Donald Trump: ‘A Big Mouth’ Who ‘Reads Basically Nothing’ | HuffPost
- Notre Dame fire pledges inflame yellow vest protesters
- Russia says the world no longer trusts the U.S. to lead and it’s time others step in
- Sri Lanka explosions: At least 207 dead in Easter Sunday attack
- True ISIS believers regroup inside refugee camp, terrorize the ‘impious’
- U.S. military spending set to increase for fifth consecutive year, nearing levels during height of Iraq war
- School shootings didn’t start in 1999 at Columbine. Here’s why that disaster became a blueprint for other killers and created the ‘Columbine generation’
- ‘Infatuated’ with the Columbine shooting, she flew to Colorado and bought a gun
- How President Obama politicized the use of ‘thoughts and prayers’ after mass shootings
FIXING THE INTERNET
- Facebook says it ‘unintentionally uploaded’ 1.5 million people’s email contacts without their consent
- Facebook teams with rightwing Daily Caller in factchecking program | Facebook | The Guardian
- Federal investigation of Facebook could hold Mark Zuckerberg accountable on privacy, sources say
- 26 U.S. states ban or restrict local broadband initiatives
THE PROPAGANDA MACHINE
Press Freedom and Violence
- Lyra McKee: Two teenage men arrested in connection with journalist’s killing
- Report: U.S. declines again in press-freedom index, falls to ‘problematic’ status
- The UK is ranking below Jamaica, Latvia and Ghana for press freedom
- Sarah Sanders admitted to providing media baseless information about Comey: Mueller report
- Sarah Sanders Admitted to the Special Counsel that She Lied About Comey
- Sarah Sanders made false statements to press on Comey firing, Mueller says
- Sarah Sanders told Mueller’s team she lied to reporters. Here’s the video of the lie.
- Fake news? Mueller findings show reporting on Russia had it mostly right
- The Other Thing the Mueller Report Proved: Journalists Were Right
- Fox News Host Chris Wallace Asks Donald Trump’s Lawyer Rudy Giuliani ‘Who Made You God?’ in Heated Mueller Report Interview
- Fox News’ Chris Wallace thinks Barr is defying Mueller’s conclusions
- Fox’s Chris Wallace: Barr sounded like a counselor to Trump rather than AG
- Republican Group Will Run Ad on Fox News Urging GOP to Hold Trump Accountable: ‘No Exoneration, Definitely Obstruction’
- Chuck Todd: Trump, Barr ‘successfully neutered’ impact of Mueller report
- Conservative CNN host tears into ‘unfit’ Trump after Mueller report: ‘He’s got to go’
- The National Enquirer is being sold for $100 million to James Cohen, CEO of Hudson News
- Trump team’s distortions on Mueller report
TRADE WAR, HEALTH CARE, & ECONOMY
- Bill Would Ban IRS From Creating Free Electronic Tax Filing System
- Billionaires raced to pledge money to rebuild Notre Dame. Then came the backlash.
- HHS launches program to cut opioid overdoses by 40 percent in three years
- Twice as many companies paying zero taxes under Trump tax bill
- Unless It Changes, Capitalism Will Starve Humanity By 2050
- I’ve Seen Goldman Sachs From the Inside. We Need Public Banks.
GOP: THE PARTY OF LINCOLN IS DEAD
- Rep. Bass: GOP Has Been ‘Seized by a Group of Extremists’
- Opinion | When Did Moral Clarity Become Radical?
CRIME AND PUNISHMENT
- A couple held a day laborer at gunpoint to act out a ‘sexual fantasy,’ then sent his wife photos, police say
- A man chucked his iguana at restaurant staff, police say. The lizard is in intensive care.
- A man conned his NASA-funded lab into paying for trips to see prostitutes and escorts, feds say
- Grand jury dismisses assault charge against Army sergeant in road rage case
- Man in custody after trying to enter St. Patrick’s Cathedral with gasoline and lighters
- Two murders stumped police for 40 years. The key was sitting in a bathroom cabinet.
PRIESTS & RELIGION
- ‘Church’ to offer ‘miracle cure’ despite FDA warnings against drinking bleach
- ‘Not my Jesus’: Christian students protest Pence, alarming conservatives
- Pope says priests kept nuns as sex slaves
- Children of California house of horrors couple speak at sentencing
- Christian Home Schooling Parents Get Life Sentences For Torturing And Starving Their 12 Children [VIDEO] – Joe.My.God.
ENVIRONMENT & SCIENCE
- 24 magazine covers about climate change
- A climate change solution slowly gains ground
- DNA reveals origin of Stonehenge builders
- Flint residents allowed to sue EPA over lead water crisis, judge rules
- Lost sea creatures wash up on California shores as ocean climate shifts
- Parents of 3 NYC children face $1,000 penalty for violating measles order
- Postpartum depression is one of the most common complications of childbirth. Researchers are homing in on risk factors.
- Scientists fired from cancer centre after being accused of ‘stealing research for China’
- Washington state Senate passes vaccine bill in rebuke to anti-vaxxers
- AOC: “I invited Barr to the Bronx to talk about climate change. He said no”.
- It’s been exceptionally warm in Greenland lately and ice is melting a month early
- Trump slams Romney over 2012 loss, despite Romney actually winning more of the popular vote than Trump
- Buttigieg has been the surprise of the Democratic field. Where does he go next?
- For Bernie Sanders, 2016 gets in the way of 2020
- O’Rourke declines to sign pledge barring fossil fuel money
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren promises to roll back Trump energy policies on 1st day in office
- Trump’s Republican primary challenger calls him a ‘one man crime wave’ after Mueller report
- Trump’s strategy is to turn Americans into ‘nationalists who hate everybody else,’ Weld says
PROGRESS IS PROGRESS
- ‘Social equity’: Fresno’s West Side lost in the war on drugs, and now it hopes a revival will be tied to marijuana
- Ben & Jerry’s celebrates 4/20 by petitioning congress to expunge minority pot convictions
- Ben and Jerry’s starts petition for Congress to expunge prior marijuana convictions
- Rep. Ilhan Omar: Legalize marijuana everywhere, expunge records of those jailed for pot offenses
- Parents drop legal fight over an Illinois school system’s transgender policy
- Vermont Likely to Become Third State to Officially Scrap Columbus Day for Indigenous Peoples’ Day
IN OTHER NEWS…
- ‘Game of Thrones’ recap: ‘A Knight for the Seven Kingdoms’ on the final night before battle
- A diver who helped rescue the Thai soccer team was just saved from an underwater cave in Tennessee
- A mysterious tiny horse with a pink mane was spotted roaming an island. Here are some theories.
- How Dungeons & Dragons somehow became more popular than ever
- Louise Mensch: The worst stuff, you see, won’t be in the report. It will be redacted. But the reason it will be redacted is because it’s being prosecuted. Everybody won’t get that right away, but they will by Sunday. #MuellerReport
- Eric Garland: We need a new publishing award called the We Googled That For You Three Years Ago Prize.
- Countercheckist: Maybe someone should ask AG Barr why SDNY, EDNY, EDVA, DC etc etc have active 2016-related investigations/Grand Juries that, as one prosecutor described, are “continuing robustly.” Has Manning been released from jail for contempt? No. Meaning that GJ is still going… HINT
- Ming: Ming think GOP and Barr bungled the fuck outta this morning.
- Angry White House Staffer: – Sarah Sanders admitted to Mueller’s investigators that she just makes shit up. – Trump knew about — and coordinated his plans around — the Wikileaks dump ahead of time. – Trump dangled a pardon for Flynn more than once – Mueller believed Kushner and Jr. committed crimes. – Obstruction *only* failed because Trump’s aides wouldn’t commit unlawful orders – Trump ordered McGahn to have Rosenstein fire Mueller, then ordered him to lie about it to Mueller’s team. McGahn refused. – Trump told Sessions he was supposed to protect him. My favorite thing so far is the Prince and the “whoopsies I just happened to meet a Russian in the Seychelles” narrative finally coming apart. It was always bullshit, and we knew that, but now everyone else does too.
That’s it for the last few days. At least, from what I saw sitting on the sidelines. Things should calm down in the next few weeks, but as of now they are still pretty busy. It’s hard enough taking care of my own bills and house, but for someone else as well is pretty stressful. Okay, the most stressful part of dealing with him and his shit is keeping up the appearance that I feel bad for him and his condition. I’ve had more contact with him in the past month than the previous several years combined.
Also, I’m going to spend more time going over the report itself, but I don’t know when that will be. Like I said last time, it’ll be a few weeks before I’m back to posting each day. This week, I’d like to publish something for Monday through Wednesday, then maybe daily posts after that, assuming nothing else explodes.
That being said, my dog was walking with a limp yesterday.
Thank you, and have a good one.
“Without Journalists, it’s just propaganda.”
– Katy Tur