Friday, August 3rd and the weekend.
THE RUSSIAN INVESTIGATION
The Manafort Trial
- Rick Gates — and the lies he’s admitted telling — to take center stage at Paul Manafort’s trial
- Manafort did not disclose foreign accounts on tax returns, accountant testifies
- Manafort’s bookkeeper testifies against him, alleging efforts to inflate income
- Paul Manafort’s ostrich jacket pretty much sums up Paul Manafort
- Defense: ‘Only a fool’ would knowingly leave evidence of a crime on ledger
- Day 4
Day 4 began with Manafort’s tax preparer Phillip Ayliff returning to the stand to state that Paul Manafort did not disclose any foreign bank accounts on his taxes. He then discussed a suspicious loan that Gates and Manafort, at Manafort’s instruction, said shouldn’t be considered income. Phillip asked for proof, but was given the flimsiest definition of proof. It mostly consisted of a letter from a company that Manafort is accused of owning. They then covered his “rental properties”, which are basically This is carryover from Daily Check-In 08/02/2018.
Manafort’s defense team made the brilliant defense of “if he intended to break the law, why would he leave this information lying around?” He said this of the man accused of witness tampering by backing up his encrypted WhatsApp messages to his iCloud account AFTER the feds had a warrant to monitor that account. (Daily Check-In 06/04/2018, Daily Check-In 06/05/2018, Daily Check-In 06/06/2018)
Following the preparer was Cindy Laporta, the first of five witnesses granted immunity in exchange for their testimony. (Daily Check-In 07/23/2018) Cindy was Paul Manafort’s accountant, and took over for Philip after he retired. She testified that she didn’t believe them on their claim of the loan either, but went along with it because she was afraid to confront Manafort. She also testified that later on she falsified documents at the behest of Manafort and Gates to allow Manafort’s company DMP (Davis Manafort Partners) to qualify for more loans. By doing so, she opened herself up to legal ramifications of felony wire fraud and other tax avoidance crimes. This is why she was granted immunity for her testimony.
Alleged Russian spy Mariia Butina talked openly about her contacts with Russian intelligence officials when she got drunk, CNN reported Thursday.
According to people who knew her at American University where she attended graduate school, on at least two occasions Butina bragged about her Russian government connections after she had imbibed and even said the Russian government was connected to her Moscow gun rights group. According to CNN, classmates were unnerved by her comments and reported her to law enforcement twice.
Other classmates told CNN that in classes she was a constant defender of Vladimir Putin and claimed that she was a middleman between President Trump’s campaign and the Russian government.
- Alleged Russian agent’s infiltration of GOP circles anything but subtle – CNNPolitics
- Alleged Russian spy Maria Butina chatted with former Trump campaign aide ahead of the 2016 election
- Accused Spy Allegedly Said she was a Middleman Between Trump’s Campaign and the Kremlin
- White Russian meddling: Accused spy Maria Butina reportedly blew her cover because she got too drunk
- Trump associate socialized with alleged Russian agent Maria Butina in final weeks of 2016 campaign
- Did Alleged Russian Spy Maria Butina Cause a Leadership Shake-up at the NRA? – Mother Jones
Why can’t we get a better quality of spy in this story? It’s like they sent the Cleveland Browns of spycraft to attack the United States.
Not only do we have Maria Butina getting drunk and bragging about being a middleman for Putin and the GOP, but she did it enough times that her classmates as American University called the cops. Repeatedly.
Remember the timing on this, too. She didn’t start school until getting her student visa in 2016, but was in the U.S. before that. And, don’t forget, but she met with Donnie Jr. at the NRA convention back in May 2016. (Daily Check-In 07/18/2018).
Gee, I really hope Donnie Jr. doesn’t have more bad news coming at him from this weekend.
SPOILER ALERT: IT GETS WORSE, SEE NEXT BOLD SECTION.
- If Mueller subpoenas Trump to testify, fight would go to Supreme Court: Trump lawyer
- ‘Manhattan Madam’ met with Mueller’s team – CNNPolitics
- Robert Mueller Has Reportedly Spoken with the ‘Manhattan Madam’
- CNN: ‘Manhattan Madam’ Met Voluntarily With Mueller
- Caroline Orr: Sam Nunberg expects Stone to get indicted, Mueller is looking into Roger’s finances
This might be the strangest part of the Russian Investigation so far, but as I’ve said before, it’s only going to get weirder from here. (Daily Check-In 07/20/2018).
How weird? Does a tweet from Tom Arnold saying that Roger Stone was crashing on the Madam’s couch while Al Franken was being attacked sound weird enough? Maybe not as weird as Steven Segal becoming a diplomatic envoy for Russia weird, but still pretty damn weird.
- Rosenstein defends ‘superb team of skilled and principled lawyers’ at DOJ
- Rosenstein: ‘I think informing the American people is an important part of deterrence’
- Rosenstein: ‘In Case You Haven’t Noticed,’ My Decisions Don’t ‘Please’ Everyone
- Rubio: ‘Best thing’ for Trump and country is to allow Mueller investigation to finish
- Schiff: There’s ‘Plenty of Evidence’ of Collusion ‘in Plain Sight’
- Carl Bernstein: This is worse than Watergate
- Rep. Adam Schiff says “plenty of evidence” of Russia collusion hiding “in plain sight”
- “This Thing Has Tentacles We Have No Idea About”: Mueller’s American Target List Is Becoming Clearer
- Follow the Russian money, and tighten your seatbelt
TRUMP THE RUSSIAN ASSET
WASHINGTON — President Trump said on Sunday that a Trump Tower meeting between top campaign aides and a Kremlin-connected lawyer was designed to “get information on an opponent” — the starkest acknowledgment yet that a statement he dictated last year about the encounter was misleading.
Mr. Trump made the comment in a tweet on Sunday morning that was intended to be a defense of the June 2016 meeting and the role his son Donald Trump Jr. played in hosting it. The president claimed that it was “totally legal” and of the sort “done all the time in politics.”
But the tweet also served as an admission that the Trump team had not been forthright when Donald Trump Jr. issued a statement in July 2017 saying that the meeting had been primarily about the adoption of Russian children.
That statement is being scrutinized by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, who is examining a broad array of Mr. Trump’s tweets and public statements to determine whether he made them as part of an effort to deceive investigators.
Yep. That just happened. The President of the United States, after years of saying that there was “no collusion” from his campaign with Russia, just admitted to it on Twitter.
The goalposts have moved. We’ve gone from “No contact with Russians” to “No one that was on the campaign talked with the Russians” to “People contacted the Russians but it wasn’t collusion” to “Collusion isn’t illegal, but it still didn’t happen” to “No senior members of the campaign colluded” to “My son met with the Russians, but it wasn’t illegal” in a little over a year and a half. I think the next steps are below:
- Senior members colluded, but it wasn’t illegal.
- Trump didn’t know about the collusion until after it happened, but it still wasn’t illegal.
- Ok, it might have been a little illegal, but only in a technical sense.
- It was illegal, but the campaign did it to stop the evil HRC.
- There was only bad collusion that one one time.
- Trump only knew about it the day before and thought it was a joke.
- Trump knew about it but didn’t call in to the June 9th meeting.
- Trump called in, but wasn’t an active participant.
- Trump called in, but only asked a couple questions.
- Trump called in, but was only involved in this episode of collusion.
- Trump didn’t know about the NRA work, the RNC work, the Mayflower Meeting, the December meetings in Trump Tower, the meetings in the Seychelles, or any other meeting that hasn’t been discussed yet.
- Trump was involved, so what?
I don’t like to talk about Trump’s tweets here because most of the time it’s a distraction from the real news, but every so often he wakes up in a panic in the middle of the night and unloads his narcissistic projections on the world, simultaneously accusing his enemies of his crimes while trying to play the victim card. In this case, he managed to not only destroy each and every talking point that his team has used for the last year, but also threw Donnie Jr. under the bus.
Correction. He didn’t throw his son under the bus. He dug a whole, hit Donnie over the head with a shovel, threw the body in the whole, covered it up, hired a road crew to lay asphalt over the whole, painted lines on the fresh asphalt, chartered a bus, then drove the bus over the fresh road.
After studying narcissistic personality disorder for a while, the sense of self, I’m not surprised by this one bit. Trump only cares about himself. If he cares about his children at all, it’s about how their actions affect him. They exist to him as tools and resources, not as individuals. His mentality never progressed to the point where sense of self can coexist with the idea of others.
By the way, getting dirt on an opposing political candidate isn’t illegal, it’s how one comes across it that determines the legality. Getting it from the Intelligence Services of a foreign nation is illegal. Having someone hack into their computers is illegal. Getting that information from a foreign government pretending to be a hacker from another country is illegal.
- AP: Trump acknowledges purpose of meeting with Russian lawyer
- Donald Trump admits son met Russian to get information on Hillary Clinton
- Donald Trump Says Son’s Meeting With Russians Was To Get Clinton Dirt But ‘Totally Legal’
- For the first time, Trump confesses that his campaign turned to Russia for help
- From less than 2 months ago: Remarks by President Trump in Press Gaggle
- Laurence Tribe: 5 questions
- Obama ethics czar pushes back on Trump: Meetings to get dirt on political opponent do not ‘happen all the time’
- Sekulow: ‘I Had Bad Information’ When I Said Trump Didn’t Dictate ‘Dirt’ Statement
- The Day Trump Told Us There Was Attempted Collusion with Russia
- Trump admits son’s 2016 meeting with Russian lawyer was to seek ‘information on’ Clinton
- Trump at a precarious moment in his presidency: Privately brooding and publicly roaring
- Trump defends Trump Tower meeting as “totally legal”
- Trump Is Reportedly Worried About Don Jr. Potentially Being in ‘Legal Jeopardy’
- Trump is worried his son will be ensnared by the Russia investigators
- Trump Just Confirmed What the Trump Tower Meeting Was Really About
- Trump just made 2 problematic admissions about the Trump Tower meeting
- Trump Tower meeting: President changes his story on Russia sit-down
- Aaron Rupar: Impossible to argue with this kind of bad faith
- Aaron Rupar: Trump mocks John McCain
- Obstruction of justice bombshell will explode before midterms
- Vladimir Putin’s goal was to destabilize the United States. This week showed how he’s succeeding.
- It’s True: Trump Is Lying More, and He’s Doing It on Purpose.
- Citing Policy Advisers Limbaugh and Hannity, Trump Says Shutdown Should Come Before Midterms
- At President Trump’s hotel in New York, revenue went up this spring — thanks to a visit from big-spending Saudis
- Michael Avenatti: Cohen case moved back to state court
- Trump Donor Offered Cohen $10 Million To Secure $5 Billion DOE Loan
- Kushner Reportedly Worked to Strip Jordan’s Two Million Palestinians of Refugee Status
- Wrestlers Reveal Details of Abuse They Say GOP Rep Jim Jordan Knew All About | pluralist
- Trump Fans Are Suckers and QAnon Is Perfect for Them
- Watch QAnon Followers Try to Explain Their Absolutely Bonkers, Pro-Trump Conspiracy Theory
- From March: John McCain says Rand Paul is “working for Vladimir Putin” – CBS News
- AnneClaire Stapleton: Interesting– Hope Hicks just boarded Air Force One — @CNNPolitics
- Seth Abramson: Witness Tampering in 5 steps
- The Call to Investigate Republicans for Colluding With Trump to Obstruct Justice
- The Only Thing Between Trump And Impeachment Is Brazen Republican Hypocrisy | HuffPost
- Dinesh D’Souza, who Trump pardoned, has a new documentary that compares the president to Lincoln and has a 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes
Hope Hicks is back in the news, this time it looks like potential witness tampering. Hope left the White House as the Communications Director earlier this year (Daily Check-In 02/28/2018), after interviewing Mueller’s team about her role in various activities, including the cover-up of the June 9th meeting.
At best, this just looks bad. At worst, this is a blatant attempt at witness tampering. Hope is a witness and participant to the investigation that Trump is a subject of.
I’m waiting for all of the Republicans that bitched about Loretta Lynch meeting with Bill Clinton on board his plane to scream from the rooftops any time now over how this is inapporpriate.
- White House Protests Enter Third Straight Week, Dub Trump A Treasonous Traitor
- Dem governor: ‘We will rescue America from the grasp of an unhinged narcissist’
- Dem senator: Media should stop covering Trump rallies like they’re breaking news
- Trump Can Be Prosecuted ‘as Soon as He Leaves Office,’ Says Conservative Pundit Jennifer Rubin
- U.S. senators introduce bill with new Russia sanctions | Article [AMP] | Reuters
- US government official kneels during Pledge of Allegiance to protest Trump
- Activist arrested for Statue of Liberty protest wears ‘Be Best’ dress to court
- How the WNBA Stood Up to Trump and Won Fans
- This is What a Grocery ID Card Really Looked Like… in Russia
ATTACKS ON THE VOTING SYSTEM
- White House officials: Russian election interference is happening again
- We can’t protect our elections from Russian interference if the president won’t even admit it’s happening.
- Voter receives bogus text message of polling place change
- ‘The most bizarre thing I’ve ever been a part of’: Trump panel found no voter fraud, ex-member says
- A Member Of Trump’s Voter Commission Just Said The White House’s Voter Fraud Claims Were “False”
- Commission Launched by President Trump Finds No Widespread Voter Fraud in 2016 Election
- Files contradict Trump claims of voter fraud, Maine official says
- Member of Trump’s voter fraud commission says lack of evidence ‘reveals a troubling bias’
- New Documents Show Trump’s Election Integrity Commission Was Preparing Report on Voter Fraud Without Proof
- Report: Trump commission did not find widespread voter fraud
- I Was A Trump Troll In 2016 — And I Owe Hillary Clinton An Apology
- How Russian Hackers Amplified the Seth Rich Conspiracy Until it Reached Donald Trump and the CIA
- FBI Director Says Russia Still Seeking To Interfere In U.S. Democracy
- Democratic Sen. Kamala Harris’ office keeps finding Facebook accounts impersonating the senator
Here’s the thing when it comes to voter fraud: it doesn’t happen, at least not the way that it’s portrayed. The way that most **coughwhitecough** people think voter fraud occurs is that buses full of dark-skinned people get shipped from one polling place to another, show up at the polls, then vote as people who didn’t bother to show up. Never mind that the logistics of this are completely bonkers and raise more questions like “How could thousands or millions of people being paid to vote keep their mouths shut?” or “Who paid for the buses?” or “Who has such a pathetically weak ego that the only way they can justify losing is to blame non-existent Hispanics?”
The reality of the matter is that this kind of Voter Fraud is damn near non-existent. What does happen is that the bogeyman of voter fraud is used as a justification for making restrictive voter ID laws that target minorities, poor, young, and other groups that typically vote Democratic. Every state that has implemented Voter ID laws saw a spike in the Republican polls on the next election after they were implemented. I’ve covered ad nauseum how the vote difference in Wisconsin was reportedly less than the number of voters prevented from voting.
The sole purpose of the Voter Fraud panel was to make a report that would be used to recommend to every state to enact their own forms of Voter ID laws, and would use states like Wisconsin and North Carolina as the template.
- Court orders Trump administration to fully reinstate DACA program
- Government, Immigration Advocates Continue Court Clash Over Family Reunification : NPR
- HIV-positive shelter worker sexually abused 8 immigrant boys, authorities say
- If Team Trump can’t reunite border families, someone needs to go to jail
- Ivanka Trump Comes Out Against Family Separation Just in Time to Make Literally No Difference
- Mexican Journalist Emilio Gutiérrez Soto, Freed from Detention, Denounces ICE “Concentration Camps”
- The Trump Administration Told the ACLU to Find Deported Parents on Its Own
- This Is How Crimes Against Humanity Happen
- Montivette Cordeiro: Wife of U.S. Marine deported
COLD WAR 2.0
- Spicy Mic: This is why U.S. Soldier’s remains being returned from North Korea are draped in the U.N. flag
- U.S. hits Russian bank with sanctions for North Korea-related activity
- Bill Browder: New sanctions bill coming to U.S. Senate
- Pompeo says North Korea weapons work counter to denuclearization pledge | Article [AMP] | Reuters
- Pompeo says North Korean behavior “inconsistent” with denuclearization
- U.S., Turkey agree to try to resolve disputes after relations dive
- Three journalists were killed in Africa while investigating a private military business owned by the man behind Russia’s troll army. This is what they are looking into. — The Bell — English
- Bangladesh shuts down mobile internet to tackle teen protests
- Photographer Shahidul Alam picked up from his home
- Thousands of women protest against spy cameras, gender-biased investigations
- President Trump denies he was late to meet Queen Elizabeth. Brits aren’t convinced.
- A Slaughter in Silence: How Trump’s “America First” Policy Enabled Ethnic Cleansing in the DRC
- Ethnic cleansing makes a comeback — in China
- Russia tasks Hollywood actor Seagal with improving U.S. ties | Article [AMP] | Reuters
- NRA Campaign Spending Tracker: Candidates the Gun Group Supports in 2018
- NRA Gets Trolled With ‘Thoughts And Prayers’ Over Reported Financial Woes | HuffPost
- David Hogg: The NRA is trying to fool us
- Black Dem lawmaker slams NRA rep for saying she was victim of ‘public lynching’ at CNN event
- ‘National March on the NRA’ rally planned for Saturday outside Washington
- The NRA Says It’s in Deep Financial Trouble, May Be ‘Unable to Exist’
- Shannon Watts: Dana Loesch comparing herself to Emmett Till
- Shannon Watts: Gavin McInnes, founder of Proud Boys and friend of @NRA lobbyist Dana Loesch, planned today’s Portland rally, which features armed white supremacists and open carry.
- School shootings: Should parents be charged for failing to lock up guns used by their kids?
- Majority of Republicans Support Raising Minimum Gun Age to 21, Poll Finds
- The Lasting Trauma of Alex Jones’s Lies
Either the NRA is losing money hand over fist, or they lied under oath. If they lied, screw’em, they deserve whatever punishment befalls them. If they are bleeding money, I’ll send them thoughts and prayers. You know, the same actions they take each time a bunch of innocent children are murdered because they want to oppose every kind of gun control.
Fun Fact: The NRA supported a ban on open carrying firearms back in 1967 when the Black Panthers “invaded” the state capitol.
TRADE WAR AND ECONOMY
- China announces $60B of US goods for tariff retaliation
- China suspends oil imports from the US
- China warns it could fire back with tariffs of $60 billion in U.S. goods
- Trump trade war will add $3,000 to price of some popular pickup trucks, minivans, Toyota says
- U.S. economy adds 157,000 jobs in July, slightly below expectations
- Trump Administration Misled Public on Poverty in U.S., Ignored Economic Advisers, Documents Show: Report
- ‘Insidious’: Emails Show Trump White House Lied About US Poverty Levels to Discredit Critical UN Report
- Poll: Majority disapproves of Trump, GOP’s handling of deficit
- The Economy Does Better—by Far—Under Democrats. Why Doesn’t America Know This?
- Jobs growth was below economists’ predictions – and far, far below Trump’s
- Despite Strong Economy, Federal Deficit Soars
- Coal piles up at power plant as cheap natural gas wrecks Eastern Kentucky’s economy
- Minimum wages are rising. Pay for experienced retail workers is not.
- In Latest Attempt to Harm Struggling Families, Trump Urges Lawmakers to Push One Million Americans Off Food Stamp Program
- The $717 Billion Defense Bill That Just Breezed Through the Senate Should Be a National Scandal
- Trump rants incoherently on trade then says there is ‘so much happening in space’
THE PROPAGANDA MACHINE
- OHCHR | Trump attacks on media violate basic norms of press freedom, human rights experts say
- Trump attacks reporters as enemy of the people, says they cause wars
- Hear the death threat made to CNN anchors
- C-SPAN Caller Threatens to Shoot CNN’s Don Lemon, Brian Stelter for Allegedly Calling Trump Supporters ‘Racists’
- CNN’s Brian Stelter airs clip of C-SPAN caller threatening to shoot him and Don Lemon
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders has done journalists worldwide a grave disservice
- Sarah Sanders’ dishonest defense of Trump and his assault on the free press reaches a new low
- Conservative columnist: Sanders should be shunned after White House job
- Presidential historian: Calling press ‘enemy of the people’ is a ‘totalitarian’ strategy
- The Real Enemy of the People Sits in the Oval Office
- The Lies Are the Enemy of the People
- Will The “Real Journalists” At Fox News Please Stand Up? – Rantt
- Fox News host lobs ‘fake news’ tweet at … another Fox News host
- Fox News host: I think Trump likes our opinion shows better than news shows
- Fox News’s Wallace presses Bolton on Trump tweet: ‘What wars have we caused?’
- First Came “Alternative Facts,” Now Trump’s Lawyer Says That “Over Time, Facts Develop”
DISTRACTION TIME: TRUMP INSULTS LEBRON JAMES, DON LEMON
- Dan Rather blasts Trump for ‘racist’ criticism of LeBron James, Don Lemon
- Just Remember That Your Punk-Ass President Would Never, Ever, Ever Call Lebron James Dumb To His Face
- LeBron James Opens School for At-Risk Children, Gives Honest Interview — the President Responds by Insulting His Intelligence
- President Donald Trump insults LeBron James’ intelligence: ‘Don Lemon made LeBron look smart, which isn’t easy to do’
- Twitter Explodes Over Donald Trump’s ‘Disgusting’ Attack On LeBron James | HuffPost
- When Trump attacked LeBron James, it had an unintended effect: other athletes speaking out
- Trump U vs King James school
- Ohio Dem: Trump always interested in ‘finding a black person or a brown person’ to call ‘dumb’
HATE RALLY IN PORTLAND AND NAZIS
- Portland far-right rally: scuffles and arrests as police disperse demonstrators | US news | The Guardian
- Caroline Orr: In case you’re wondering what’s going on in Portland today: The far-right group Patriot Prayer chose the location of today’s march so they could carry guns. That should tell you everything you need to know about their intentions.
- I’m Old Enough to Remember When We All Agreed the Nazis Were the Bad Guys
- Liberals Are the Real Nazis, Says Donald Trump Jr. Actual Nazis Disagree.
- No, the Nazi platform did not echo the Democratic platform, as Donald Trump Jr. said
- Ex-CIA director hits Trump Jr. for comparing DNC to Nazis
- What Goes on Outside Trump Rallies Is an American Nightmare
- Oregon Police Chief Orders Review of Use of Force at Protest
- Right-Wing Groups With Guns Plan to Impersonate and Infiltrate Antifa
- Armed Trump Supporters Beat Up Foes, Want Hillary Arrested
WHITE HOUSE CHAOS
- CNN mocks Trump for tweeting about CNN interview: Sounds like Melania had the remote
- Melania Trump’s Statement About LeBron James Is a Lot Emptier Than People Realize
- Trump promised a VA hotline. Workers take calls — about pain, red tape, sex, steaks — by the thousands.
- Trump administration lifts ban on pesticides linked to declining bee numbers
- Obama Education secretary: DeVos’s yacht set adrift a ‘crazy metaphor’ for her policy
- ‘Something serious was going on in Donald’s brain.’ says Omarosa
- Ivanka Trump-Backed Family Leave Plan Would Ask New Parents to Pick Between Retirement or Maternity Leave
- President Trump admits he’s trying to kill Obamacare. That’s illegal.
- New Trump administration rule will require hospitals post prices online
- The Trump White House is destroying our civil service
- Kavanaugh’s Opponents Protest Ex-Aide’s Role in Screening of Documents – The New York Times
- Republicans to press ahead with Kavanaugh confirmation despite National Archives delay
- Trump’s Laywers Just Gave Senators the Biggest Reason Yet to Oppose Kavanaugh
- After investigating Clinton White House and Vincent Foster’s death, Brett Kavanaugh had a change of heart
- Trump’s Supreme Court nominee argued presidents should be shielded from all criminal probes — even questioning
- If Mueller subpoenas Trump to testify, fight would go to Supreme Court: Trump lawyer
- GOP Rush SCOTUS Confirmation Despite Nearly 1 Million Missing Docs
GOP: THE PARTY OF LINCOLN IS DEAD
- The RNC just followed Trump’s lead and distanced itself from the billionaire mega-donor Koch brothers
- Republicans who don’t understand their oaths should be kicked out
- Rick and Ann Scott had stake in shipping giant linked to Putin | Tampa Bay Times
- Red tide and green water? Florida beaches have a problem, and its name is Rick Scott
- GOP strategist: Trump will be anchor around Republicans’ necks in 2020
- Pennsylvania congressman touts fake pro-Israel award from Sacha Baron Cohen
- After Four Years Of The Flint Water Crisis, Thousands Of American Communities Still Don’t Have Clean Water – Rantt
- Jeff Sessions’ ‘religious liberty task force’ part of a dangerous Christian nationalist campaign of discrimination
- The war on Christians isn’t actually happening
- Kevin Swanson: ‘God Is Burning Down California’ As Punishment For Legitimizing Homosexuality
CRIME AND PUNISHMENT
- Cops Investigating After KKK Used Candy to Apparently Recruit Minors
- FBI — Records Between FBI and Christopher Steele
- FBI struggles to retain top cyber talent
- Elementary School Kids Don’t Belong in Handcuffs
- School shootings: Should parents be charged for failing to lock up guns used by their kids?
- University Student Quotes Donald Trump Before Raping Woman
- Police Report: Ex-GOP Official Calls Himself Second Christ, Sacrifices Dog
- Texan says U.S. Muslims lately subject to more attacks, hate crimes than ever
- Texas court revives lawsuit to strip ethics regulators of campaign, elections oversight | Courts
- Data shows a surprising campus free speech problem: left-wingers being fired for their opinions
- David Hogg: People call us snowflakes. What happens when all the snowflakes vote? That’s called an avalanche.
- ‘He’s way too conservative’: Freedom Caucus members on the hot seat
- Texas Senate race is getting closer
- O’Rourke Puts Race into Lean Republican Column
- GOP gears up to battle popular ex-governor in Senate race in Tenn.; Bill Lee projected to win Republican primary for governor
- Republicans Are Throwing Everything They Can at This Ohio Special Election—and It’s Still Close
- Beto O’Rourke Is Officially Making Ted Cruz Sweat
- Another Republican House incumbent loses a primary for higher office
- The wave that’s building for November may not be blue so much as pink
- Democrats surging on eve of pivotal special election
PROGRESS IS PROGRESS
- Ocasio-Cortez and Sanders work to elect first Muslim governor
- Ocasio-Cortez: There’s no district too red for us to flip
- George Pyle: Anything that isn’t welfare for the rich is now ‘socialism’
- The Kochs helped fund an attack on ‘Medicare for All.’ It still concluded the plan would save us trillions
- NASA unveils the astronauts who will relaunch human flights from U.S. soil
- Democrats, brushing aside skepticism, push ‘Medicare for all’ in their gubernatorial bids
Claude Taylor on Matt Gaetz:
Call me old fashioned but dicking around with the intern when you’re a 36 year old member of Congress used to be frowned upon. Have things changed
Can we talk about
@mattgaetz ? He has his own live in “Intern-with-benefits”. Yep…brace yourself…the intern IS A GIRL!!! That’s cool right? She’s 21. So what if the US Taxpayer pays to fly her around, right? It’s 2018 and this is more convenient than the married Minister…
I don’t care who
@mattgaetz is getting it from. I don’t care if it’s an intern. I don’t care if she’s 21-22. I don’t care if they live together. I just want to know if any taxpayer funds have been used in support of this relationship. I also want to know if her folks know.
- Emptywheel: Stupity
- Spicy Mac: Crimes Against Humanity
- Spicy Mic: Instead of Trump’s Tweets, journalists could focus on real problems
- Tea Pain: Expect report in September
- Lincoln’s Bible: NRA, sure, THAT’s the reason you’re in trouble
- Lincoln’s Bible: To the MSM, you’ve been played by the Kremlin. If you’ve had contact with their agents, get ready to be outed in an attempt to fulfill Trump’s “Fake News” prophecy
- Lincoln’s Bible: Understand the Mob and you understand Trump
- Counterchekist: QAnon has Russians and Chinese behind it
- Pace: Steve Seagal has fully defected to Russia and now is an agent of the government working as “special representative” for Putin.
- Tom Arnold: ‘Manhattan Madam’ let Roger Stone crash at her place during the Franken Fiasco
- Tom Arnold: Trust me this Melania Trump stuff has more to do with Hope Hicks than Lebron James
- Countercheckist: FEATHERS24 you are cleared for takeoff on runway 1. Happy hunting. 🙂
- Laurie Brenner’s Updated Spreadsheet
That’s it for Friday and the weekend. Once again, I have plans on doing some maintenance on the site, and once again crazy stuff happens on the weekend. I’d like to clean up the intro section, the Russian Hypothesis, and the Cast of Characters. Also, I want to write a post about how the Trump team keeps moving the goalposts.
Monday should be interesting. Rand Paul is in Russia, and Rick Gates could be called to testify against Paul Manafort. And my third favorite Doctor tells Trump to fuck off.
Thank you, and have a good one.
“Without Journalists, it’s just propaganda.”
– Katy Tur