Monday April 1st and Easter Weekend. And April Fool’s.
THE RUSSIAN INVESTIGATION
- Here’s Why The Man Who Lied About A Trump Adviser And An Alleged Russian Spy Won’t Spend Much Time In Jail
- Mueller’s office defends deal with Dutch lawyer to waive public records rights
Van der Zwaan’s forfeiture of his Freedom of Information Act ability prevents him from interfering with the Mueller investigation by requesting documents from it, tipping others off to “investigative facts that are otherwise not known” and burdening the office with freedom of information tasks, the prosecutors told the judge Monday. The filing notes “the scarce resources of the special counsel’s office” and how it may face “drain” if asked to “assemble records and to help explain to others both their significance and the potential that their release could harm the ongoing investigation.”
Alex Van der Zwaan is scheduled to be sentenced Tuesday around 10am EST. He’ll be the first person to reach this stage in the Mueller Investigation.
- Inside the Decade-Long Russian Campaign to Infiltrate the NRA and Help Elect Trump
- At Chicago nightclub, George Papadopoulos allegedly makes explosive new claim about Jeff Sessions
George looks like he has a bad habit of saying things when he’s drinking.
His GoFundMe raised over half a million dollars in less than a week, far surpassing it’s goals.
- Pardoning Flynn and Manafort would be grounds for an impeachment investigation
- Roger Stone’s Claim of a 2016 Julian Assange Meeting Draws Scrutiny – WSJ
Repeatedly, Roger Stone claimed that he had communicated with Julian Assange and Guccifer 2.0. The first represents a hostile non-state intelligence service, and the second is a member of the GRU. His best case scenario is a case of espionage against the United States.
- The strange tale of the man who pretended to be a Trump representative
- Trump Supporter Says He Will Testify Before Grand Jury In Mueller Probe
- Mueller subpoenas Ted Malloch to testify in the Russia probe – Business Insider
I was very skeptical about Ted’s claims, right until Business Insider confirmed the Grand Jury subpoena.
- Mueller Will Find Something on Trump and He’ll Be Impeached If Democrats Win, Republican Strategist Says
- Christie: If Trump uses ‘hyperbolic’ style with Mueller it could send him to jail
- Revealed: Blackwater founder Erik Prince’s Business Ties with Netanyahus disgraced chief of staff – Israel News – Haaretz.com
- The Times Just Exposed How Deep Trump’s Backchannel to Putin Really Goes
- The Russian Who Met With Erik Prince About A Secret Trump Backchannel Has Been Linked To Putin’s Family
Erik Prince met with Kirill Dmitriev. Kirill’s wife Natalia Popova is very close to Putin’s daughter Yekaterina Tikhonova, and runs a foundation with her.
- Donald Trump Jr. Pushed ‘Blatantly Illegal’ Indian Project
- Trump proposed Putin visit White House in March phone call, Kremlin says
- Trump Invited Putin to White House for Summit, Kremlin Says
- Kremlin Says Donald Trump Has Invited Vladimir Putin to the White House
- The Washington Post: Trump proposed Putin visit Washington in March 20 phone call, Kremlin says
Once again, Trump cow-tows to his Russian master, and it’s the Kremlin that tells the Americans about Trump’s actions.
Remember, Amazon owner Jeff Bezos owns the Washington Post, the leading newspaper working to expose Trump’s corruption, criminality, and treasonous and traitorous behavior.
This is how a criminal acts.
SINCLAIR PROPAGADANA AND ATTEMPTS AT STATE RUN MEDIA
- Sinclair Broadcasting Orders Local Anchors To Record Bizarre ‘Hostage’ Video
- Sinclair tells stations to air media-bashing promos – and the criticism goes viral
- As Sinclair draws criticism for ‘fake news’ promos, Trump praises the largest owner of local TV stations
- Cincinnati City Councilman P.G. Sittenfeld says he’s boycotting local station Channel 12 WKRC owned by Sinclair
- Sinclair Broadcasting’s Naked Propaganda Has Direct Ties to the White House
- Trump: Sinclair Not Biased, ‘Far Superior to CNN’
- Ex-FBI agent warns against Fox News hosts attacking FBI, other institutions
CAMBRIDGE ANALYTICA AND FACEBOOK
- Facebook Employees Are Reportedly Deleting Controversial Internal Messages
- All the Celebrities and Companies Cutting Ties With Facebook Because of Privacy Concerns
- New Trump White House aide has Cambridge Analytica ties
- New York passes bill to strip all guns from domestic abusers
- New York bans domestic abusers from owning all guns
- Russian bots are tweeting support for Fox News host Laura Ingraham
- Russian bots are rallying behind embattled Fox News host Laura Ingraham as advertisers dump her show
- Laura Ingraham Says She’ll Take Vacation Amid Controversy – Variety
- Ted Nugent says Parkland students calling for gun control have “no soul” – CBS News
The man who was too much of a coward to serve his country when called upon and got out of serving by shitting his pants in front of the draft board, questioned the integrity and soul of kids who saw their friends die in front of them?
By the way, there’s an easy joke about Ted Nugent fucking a teenage girl joke hanging out there, but his music is enough of a joke.
- Dana Loesch Slammed For Anti-Boycott Stance After Twitter Finds Receipts of Past NRA-led Boycotts
- Falsely Accused Parkland School Shooter Sues Alex Jones’ InfoWars for Defamation
RED STATE TEACHER STRIKES
- Oklahoma teachers prepare to walk out as furor over school funding spreads across the country
- Teachers walk out in Oklahoma and Kentucky
SAY GOODBYE TO THE ECONOMY
- Escalating trade war, China slaps tariffs on U.S. goods, including pork and fruit
- China to retaliate with tariffs on 128 U.S. products beginning Monday
- Dow drops more than 500 points in afternoon trade as selloff intensifies
- Dow drops 500 points as Amazon tumbles, trade war fears rise
- Trump and Amazon: Campaign spend over $150 thousand at Amazon on office supplies despite accusing Amazon of Post Office “scam” – CBS News
WHITE HOUSE CHAOS, THE “TRUMP HATES BROWN PEOPLE AND THE FUTURE” EDITION
- 14 Million Visitors to U.S. Face Social Media Screening – The New York Times
- The Washington Post: Deal on DACA ‘no more,’ Trump says
- EPA abandons fuel mileage goals and seeks to revoke California’s ability to set its own standard
- The Washington Post: Trump administration, seeking to speed deportations, will impose quotas on federal immigration judges
COLD WAR 2.0
- Britain and Russia lock horns as Moscow cuts UK diplomats | Article [AMP] | Reuters
- The truth about Trump “expelling” 60 Russian diplomats was just exposed
- Could enemies target undersea cables that link the world?
STORMYWATCH, FROM THE STORMCENTER 6000 METEOROPORNOLOGICAL CENTER
- Trump Lawyer Charles Harder’s Partner Quits: “I Found Myself Increasingly Uncomfortable”
- The Washington Post: From Mueller to Stormy to ‘emoluments,’ Trump’s business is under siege
- Third Woman Sues to Void Secrecy Pact Linked to Trump
In the lawsuit filed March 26 in Manhattan federal court, Jessica Denson, who oversaw phone bank and Hispanic outreach for the campaign, said she became the target of harassing remarks and behavior by a superior. She previously filed a discrimination case against Donald Trump for President Inc. in New York state court, but the Trump campaign has sought to enforce the confidentiality deal, documents show.
One thing that I hope comes out of this clusterfuck of a time line is that we get rid of Non-Disclosure Agreements and Binding Arbitration clauses in contracts.
CAN WE GET BACK TO POLITICS?
- GOP Governors of Wisconsin, Michigan, and Florida Stalling Special Elections
- Republican governors try to avoid holding special elections
- GOP Sen. Johnson: U.S. needs the ‘resolve’ to take on Russia
This is a great write-up by John Schindler about Konstantin Kiliminik and the GRU. They’re even scarier than I thought.
Jay McKenzie has a great series of posts going into Trump’s mob ties.
That’s it for today. The writing is a little sparse today. There were a lot of individual stories, and not enough time to properly cover them all. Let’s see what the rest of the week holds.
I’m going to start adding some more short-form posts to fill out the new sections that I’m adding. I’ve also been thinking about doing interviews and having the occasional guest writer. Let’s see how that goes.
Thank you, and have a good one.
“Without Journalists, it’s just propaganda.”
– Katy Tur