Tuesday March 20th.
- Ted Cruz under fire for ties to Cambridge Analytica
- Cambridge Analytica whistleblower to testify to House Democrats on Facebook data operation
- ‘Utterly horrifying’: ex-Facebook insider says covert data harvesting was routine
- FTC opens probe into Facebook after firm scrapes millions of users’ personal data
- Facebook’s auditors visited Cambridge Analytica’s offices but were told to stand down by UK authorities
- As Facebook Ire Grows, Senator Says Zuckerberg ‘Ought to Be Subpoenaed’
- Cruz says Cambridge Analytica assured him its practices were legal
- MPs summon Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg to give evidence on ‘catastrophic failures’ of Cambridge Analytica data breach
- Wylie: We Were Testing Trump Slogans in 2014
- Spicy Mic: Facebook vs. UK Parliament
- Spicy Mic: 2013-2014 Federal Election Commission Filings That Include Cambridge Analytica
- Cambridge Analytica had Contract with State Department
- Senator Thom Tillis Runs From Committee, Press to Avoid Questions about Ties to Cambridge Analytica
- Here’s a Photo of Cambridge Analytica’s CEO With the Russian Ambassador to the UK
- Zuckerberg has sold more Facebook stock in the last 3 months than any insider at any other company
- Exposed: Undercover secrets of Trump’s data firm
- Mark Zuckerberg Met With Kremlin’s Number 2 Man
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg ghosted recently, and spent the last couple months selling off stock. The U.S. and U.K. want him to appear before their governments to answer questions. And I’ve talked before about his taking Russian money, and screwing over Ukraine.
Massachusettes, New Jersey, New York, U.K., and U.S. governments are investigating CA. Probably a dozen more states will join in by the end of the week.
Ted Cruz and Thom Tillis used CA to win their most recent elections.
Spicy has the paperwork to show they took their services.
The Mercer family gave CA a ton of money to push their right-wing agenda, and to attack democracy around the world.
Remember when I talked about Steve Bannon flipping on the Mercer family and CA to avoid the death penalty? (Check Daily Check-In 01/05/2018 in the Rumor Mill for that one.). Hearing these accusations about CA’s work come from the Mainstream Media, and the near complete absence of Steve Bannon adds a little credence to those rumors. Of course, Daily Check-In 02/15/2018 had Bannon interviewing with Mueller for 20 hours to further keep Bannon from getting charged with capital crimes.
Yes, I’m talking about the death penalty. This is just the beginning.
HOLY FUCK, MARK WARNER JUST IMPLICATED THE RUSSIANS IN BREXIT! I’ve mentioned more than a few times before that the Russians were involved in Brexit, and that Cambridge Analytica played a major role in it.
MUELLER AND TRUMP-RUSSIA
- Republicans dismiss legislation to protect special counsel
- Yes, This Is Going to Be Worse Than Watergate
- Trump spoke with Russia’s Putin on Tuesday: NBC News
- Trump congratulates Putin on election, discusses meeting, Kremlin says
- Russian Roulette review: as Joe Biden said, ‘If this is true, it’s treason’
- McConnell Remains Silent Over Trump’s Attacks on Mueller
- Former French president Sarkozy detained over allegations of bribery by Libya
- In congratulatory call to Putin, Trump ignored advisers’ prominent warning
The leader of the Free World does not congratulate a dictator on winning a rigged, sham election.
Fox News Commentator Ralph Peters, a retired Lt. Colonel, quit the company after a decade on the air.
“Fox News is assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law… Fox has degenerated…to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration”
I first mentioned on Daily Check-In 9/21/2017 some rumors that Fox News was under investigation for pushing Russian propaganda, per Louise Mensch at Patribotics. Since then, I’ve seen several stories leaning that way, including the Seth Rich lawsuits and Fox News’s constant disinformation.
As far as Mueller, the Republican leadership in Congress says that they don’t need legislation to protect Mueller because “Trump gave them assurances that he won’t try to fire Mueller.” MOTHER FUCKER, HE DONE TRIED TWICE ALREADY.
But, this does answer a question I had about Paul Ryan. How full of shit does a spineless person have to be to sit up? ANSWER: This much.
TRUMP’S LEGAL TEAM
- Trump has openly discussed firing lawyer Ty Cobb: report
- Trump Might Remove Dowd from Legal Team
- High-profile conservative lawyer Theodore B. Olson declines offer to join Trump legal team
- EWS ‘Legal superstar’ turns down offer to defend Trump in Russia probe
Ted Olson has been approached multiple times in the last year, and once again gave Trump the “Thanks, but no thanks” treatment.
Here’s the problem with Trump and lawyers; he’s incapable of taking their advice. Trump views anyone taking his money as an inferior, not an expert brought in to perform a special skill. He can’t take their advice or counsel. Instead, he sees their job as to listen to him, follow his orders, and make his will reality.
Plus, he doesn’t pay his bills. There’s a lot of crap that a lawyer will put up with, but unpaid bills are not on that list.
Given all of that, any surprise why the best lawyers are avoiding him like the plague?
STORMYWATCH, FROM THE STORMCENTER 6000 METEOROPORNOLIGICAL CENTER
- NYT: Former Playboy model who alleges affair with Trump sues company that didn’t publish her story
- Ex-Playboy Model Sues National Enquirer Owner to Break Silence on Alleged Trump Affair
- Lie detector test shows Stormy Daniels truthful about Trump affair
- Trump Can’t Dodge Lawsuit Saying He Lied About Groping, Judge Says
- Cohen Says He’s Never Threatened Stormy Daniels
- Playboy model sues to speak about alleged affair with Trump
- Defamation case against Trump to move forward
- Judge allows ‘Apprentice’ contestant’s defamation suit against Trump to proceed
- Wall Street Journal publishes polygraph results backing Stormy Daniels
Stormy passed a polygraph, Karen McDougal’s suing National Enquirer, and Summer Zervos’s lawsuit is going forward. Oh, and Trump’s Lawyer that needs his own Lawyer can’t keep his mouth shut.
I have to ask a question. At first, it was going to be a joke, but the more I think about it, I think this might be a question that gets an actual answer.
How many women are needed to achieve class action status?
- Packages believed bound for Austin explodes at Texas FedEx Facility
- 2nd unexploded device found in Texas FedEx facility, authorities say
- FedEx Press Release about Incidents in Texas
- Police backtrack, say no second unexploded device found at FedEx where package detonated
- New reported package explosion in Austin injures 1, officials say
Earlier today, a bomb detonated in the San Antonio FedEx facility. Two people suffered minor injuries. It was determined that the package that detonated was shipped from and destined for Austin, TX, about 80 miles away. Upon further investigation, another device was found in a station in Southern Area of Austin, near the Airport. According to law enforcement, both packages were shipped at the same time from the other side of the city, by the same person. This information helped law enforcement get surveillance footage of a person of interest.
So, how did San Antonio get involved with this if the package was being shipped from one side of Austin to the other?
Logistics companies like FedEx, UPS, US Postal Service and Amazon operate on a hub-spoke model, like airports. There might not be enough volume to justify a flight from Seattle, WA to Columbus, OH, but there’s more than enough for a Seattle to Chicago and Chicago to Columbus. This is how we end up with layovers, because it’s cheaper and faster for the airline to move people to a hub and reroute from there than it is to schedule special flights every day from A to B.
That’s how a package going from one side of Austin to the other made a 160 mile (260 km) round trip. There isn’t enough guaranteed volume across town to justify the trip, but there are guaranteed trips every day to and from San Antonio.
Also, I hope no one reading this ever gets the urge to make bombs and ship them, but don’t use a major shipper like FedEx, UPS, Amazon, or USPS to deliver the bombs. These companies track EVERYTHING. They have to keep track of millions of packages per day. They know who paid for it, who handled it, who loaded it on the truck, who drove the truck, who delivered it, who signed for it, who requested a tracking update on it, and who left special delivery instructions like ‘leave under doormat.”
Hopefully, this will lead to catching the person right away, before anyone else gets hurt.
- Two students injured, gunman dead in Md. high school shooting
- New NRA attack ad targets Parkland survivors and the March For Our Lives
- Girl critically hurt in HS shooting may have had relationship with suspected gunman, police say
- School Shooting in Great Mills, Maryland
Another kid is dead today. Two more are in the hospital, and the “Enthusiasts” are going hurt themselves patting themselves on the back because the kid was killed by a security guard/cop in the school, and that the kids was too young to buy the gun used, so gun laws wouldn’t help.
Gimme a fucking break.
Most likely, it was daddy’s gun. Did dad have his gun locked in a safe? Did he have the ammo stored away?
And what would happen if that guard missed? Bullets fly until they hit something, whether it’s the target, the wall behind it, or a kid behind the wall.
COLD WAR 2.0
- Russian diplomats expelled from UK head back to Moscow
- Russia Secretly Helped Venezuela Launch a Cryptocurrency to Evade U.S. Sanctions
HOLY FUCK, MARK WARNER JUST IMPLICATED THE RUSSIANS IN BREXIT! I can’t stress enough how fucking big this is.
CWGBTP (Can we get back to politics?)
- As DeVos Faces Congress, Officials Say She Hid Plans to Overhaul Department
- Ben Carson Blames Purchase of $31,000 Office Dining Set on His Wife
- Why Democrats Should Embrace a Federal Jobs Guarantee
- Conor Lamb got my first donation to a Democrat in 50 years. It’s time to stop Donald Trump.
- ‘The job is not done’: Puerto Rico’s needs go unmet 6 months after Maria
One thing I’m semi-thankful for is the blatant incompetence of the people in charge during this attempted slide into Authoritarianism. If they were good at their jobs or solving problems, who knows where we’d be now?
RUMOR MILL: AUSSIES ARE ON IT
This one comes from Louise Mensch and Pete Evans (@911CORLEBRA777).
On the surface, this seems pretty innocuous. Senior members of Cambridge Analytica came to Australia and met with senior officials of the two largest parties, but nothing happened. Both parties got the pitch, but decided not to pursue CA for the next election.
Seems simple, right? Well, not so much.
According to this tweet thread, this was part of an Intelligence Operation executed by Australian Secret Intelligence, ASI. Both political parties went into the meetings with CA, and recorded the whole thing.
That’s right. They pulled in politicians to work an op, and recorded everything.
I’m still skeptical about rumors like these, but Peter’s been on point for a lot of stories.
Remember, Australia is part of Five Eyes, the Intelligence sharing group that consists of the Aussies, the Kiwis, the Brits, the Yanks, and the Canucks. Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States, and Canada. What we see, they see, and vice versa.
That’s it for today. My next non-daily article will be about gun control. Specifically, some ideas and thoughts I’ve had for a while, as well as some criticisms about the plan. Gun control is a touchy subject for a lot of people, and there’s been a couple generations of marketing and propaganda to make people think that nothing can be done. I’ve got a few ideas, and I’ll write them up this week. I hope.
Thank you, and have a good one.
“Without Journalists, it’s just propaganda.”
– Katy Tur